Carbs questions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcmem8

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have been getting some prices to rebuild my carbs. I would love to send them over to the USA to be rebuilt but with freight it will take to long. Anyway I was thinking of doing them myself and I have got a few different prices on parts. It seams that different companies provide more parts in their carb kits than others.
Could I get your oppinion on on this carb kit
http://www.partsnmore.com/parts/yamaha/vmx12/?filters[category]=carb
Thanks guys:punk:

If you want your carbs to work right use only Yamaha oem parts ( this will cost a little more but the carbs will work right ) The aftermarket carb kits just dont work as well as the oem stuff.

If you're referring to the kit #48-1996 stay away from it! It's a Keyster kit number, they have lots of problems.....$27/carb? You get what you pay for.

A typical rebuild generally consists of all o-rings, all gaskets and jet block rubber plugs being replaced. All other parts given a complete cleaning....float level adjust and bench sync...final sync needs doing after carbs are reinstalled.

And, as mentioned, absolutely get OEM Yamaha parts! Morley has everything you will need.

Back