Cooling System Leak - Is It Repairable

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie2ee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My cooling manifold where the drain valve is located is leaking a small amount at the Drain Valve and also leaking a little where the manifold goes into the block................I assume the block fit up is with a o-ring and can be replaced but not sure about the Drain Valve leaking.............haven't removed it yet but was wondering if it has an o-ring that also may be leaking..............thanks

Drain Cock Assy

1FK-12560-01-00

Retail Price: $89.99

Your Price: $65.18

2006 Yamaha V-MAX 1200 (VMX12V) Radiator Hose | Ron Ayers

The O-ring for the drain cock is not shown separately, you may need to disassemble to see if you can match it to a generic one. Maybe try that selection from HFT, I think it's called, 'Storehouse.'

Metric O-Ring Assortment, 397 Pc. (harborfreight.com) $8

Metric Nitrile O-Ring Assortment, 225 Pc. (harborfreight.com) $5

The O-ring where the pipe goes into the block is available separately, part #29:

O-Ring

93210-14579-00

Retail Price: $2.90

Your Price: $2.19

On anything like that, a smear of plumber's stem grease may help to keep things supple and to effect a good seal. Make sure that you clean mating surfaces before introducing the new O-ring into the position it occupies.
Oatey 1 oz. Plumber's Grease-30620 - The Home Depot

Last edited:
Thanks for all the great information..............I don't have much luck in locating this type of detailed information when trying to use the search function and to find this type of information...........thanks again

yes I ordered one of the number '30' o-ring as was advised to me on the thread link above, although my bike stopped leaking so I never fitted it

Back