COPs and Tboost?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man,
I don`t know about you guys but my T-Boost works just fine.
As soon as I pull onto the street and go past 3g`s I feel and hear the beast come alive and, it works at 6,000 too and also in the off position where nothing happens.
I have the lone wire hooked up to the orange wire on the #1 cyl. and then to the COP> thats usually when I get the one wheel on ramp runs with the setting at 3 grand. Check and make sure that t-boost wire is hooked to the orange wire and not the red/white wire.:punk:
<<Dave>>

Dave,

Did you build your T-boost yourself?

as far as i know dave is the only person successfuly running tboost. i was talking to 44 magnum, and he has an ah-hoc tboost that basically has two positions (off - stock) and (on - always on) which on just opens the valves completely wherever u are. getting some wiring details from him this evening.

I was wondering if he is running a different resister and/or diode than the ones ya'll are running.

I was wondering if he is running a different resister and/or diode than the ones ya'll are running.

that'd make sense, ya? what are ur thoughts about putting a 1.2 kOhm resistor in between the Y connector (where the orange neg wire goes to the tboost controller) and the COPs negative wire?

As of now, i don't see the benifit. Ofcourse, i don't see why its not working either! Also, i don't think that would be the place to put it. The T-boost is using TWO coil feeds. You hooked up one and it ALSO uses the one that the V-Boost controller uses stk. You changed all 4 coils, so the resistance went down on BOTH feeds. If anything, it would need to be after the Y connector and before the V-boost. I really wondering about the other resister that is used by the T-boost. It attatches to the POSITIVE wire from one of the coil wire. I'm not sure of what it does. I don't really know that much about electrical componants. I know what a resistor does, just don't know why they are using it where its at.

doesn't it connect to the negative (orange wire)?

The diodes do. The resistor does not. Look at the diagram in one of the links posted. You can see where the resistor is connected

as far as i know dave is the only person successfuly running tboost. i was talking to 44 magnum, and he has an ah-hoc tboost that basically has two positions (off - stock) and (on - always on) which on just opens the valves completely wherever u are. getting some wiring details from him this evening.
Hey Garret,
The resistance on all 4 of my cop`s is 01.5 ohms but I`m not running any resistors or diodes and my ignition is all stock my plugs look like they are almost new just a little tan in color but that is good for plugs so, I don`t know why everyone is having problems.
Are you guys running that dyna 3000 thing ?
cause Fargo went through 2 or 3 of those things.
Dave.:punk:

nope no dyna. what abou ttboost, did u build it or get it from quality parts?

I think we're all using stock TCI - no Dyna 3000s, as they seem to blow with COPs.

I first had the problem with my TBoost not working at 3k (9k instead) and I'm using COPs.

Then Garrett seemed to have had a similar problem where his TBoost is not working either at 3k and he's also done the COPs mod.

Bear in mind that the normal VBoost is working fine, and so is the 'off' position. It's just the TBoost that's not happening, and so we're tryinna find out why..

I think we're all using stock TCI - no Dyna 3000s, as they seem to blow with COPs.

I first had the problem with my TBoost not working at 3k (9k instead) and I'm using COPs.

Then Garrett seemed to have had a similar problem where his TBoost is not working either at 3k and he's also done the COPs mod.

Bear in mind that the normal VBoost is working fine, and so is the 'off' position. It's just the TBoost that's not happening, and so we're tryinna find out why..

u said one cylinder works at 9k, on edoesn't it all right? well maybe if i tried out cylinder 3 mine would work. worth a shot at least. won't be able to until next week tho. gotta go be tthe best man at a wedding this weekend.

My bike's an '86. I'm still a little confused with this, but I believe the pre '90 models Vboost monitors #2, so Tboost connects to #4 (under left side cowl as front coils are crossed)

On post '90 models, I believe that Vboost monitors coil #3, so Tboost connects to #1 (left side coil under seat)

I tried connecting my Tboost to #2 (just in case it was reversed), and it did make it not work at all. So I'm pretty sure it's wired properly (on #4), and that resistor thing sounds like the most possible culprit since we're running COPs.

ahhhh okay i gotcha now bud. that makes sense as the directions go T off depending on yr...

what is intresting tho is that mine worked when i connected that coil

G, can u try connecting the coil the tboost goes off of back to stock coil and plug?

before i put a new switch in my bike, i put the oem coil back on and ran it. and "tboost" worked like "vboost" coming on at 6kish. weird. with a COP on that plug it would never open. must be something with the resistance change?

I asked Thomas, the guy who makes/sells those Tboost units on fleaBay about the resistor and COPs. His reply was that it shouldn't make any difference, and that I must have a defective Vboost controller.
I then asked why it worked perfectly fine 100% of the time in Vboost mode, but just not in Tboost mode, and have yet to get another reply from him.
When I get my exhaust tho, I will be checking how it goes now that my Tboost wire is definitely on the negative coil lead.
Watch this space..

i'm thinkin its gotta be a resistance thing. will await your findings as well..

Back