Crazy Mod Monkey

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for your trouble Donnie.
Oh no Trouble fred. Im more than glad to try to help in anyway I can. I know you have helped many many times on here and made many of us DROOL at the stuff you do.:worthy:This forum has helped me many times and gave me ideas that i want to do.:clapping: I have always knew that Maxers were a special bread of people but watching this forum and seeing what people are willing to do for each other when we have problems rather it be advice or people willing to give or loan parts out to someone when there bike is down or really just anything they can it makes me very happy to be a vmax owner:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Wow sweet can you post pics of the tools you used, I may try this my self.

I did my kz1000 front forks by hand and some motor parts it took me 4 days, for
me about 3 to 4 hours a day.

kzframe1.jpg

One bike that is almost as cool as the Vmax! I love the kz1000! :clapping:

Also, for those that don't know, there are powder coats available that look just like polished aluminum and the benefit is that it will not need to be maintained to stay shiny.

Oh no Trouble fred. Im more than glad to try to help in anyway I can. I know you have helped many many times on here and made many of us DROOL at the stuff you do.:worthy:This forum has helped me many times and gave me ideas that i want to do.:clapping: I have always knew that Maxers were a special bread of people but watching this forum and seeing what people are willing to do for each other when we have problems rather it be advice or people willing to give or loan parts out to someone when there bike is down or really just anything they can it makes me very happy to be a vmax owner:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:
Thats the spirit mate!...

One bike that is almost as cool as the Vmax! I love the kz1000! :clapping:

Also, for those that don't know, there are powder coats available that look just like polished aluminum and the benefit is that it will not need to be maintained to stay shiny.

I don't know of any pcoat that keeps the chromed look of polished aluminium, it always dulls it a bit... I know there are some colored chrome powders but not for the clear coat. I'd love to be corrected though...

I've seen it. I think it is relatively new. If I was going the bright and shiny route it's what I would use.

I think the trouble with powder coating is that the chrome powder is not that bad but requires a powder clear coat for outdoor use. This clear coat makes the most trouble keeping the shine.

Richmond VA area

Grew up there , know it very well. Good town ( in most areas ) to live and raise children. Work opportunities were good , especially if you knew people. Some say it's a bit cliquish . I moved to the ATL in '78 because of the fast pace and growing business opportunites it offered. Met a GA. Peach and never looked back.

Grew up there , know it very well. Good town ( in most areas ) to live and raise children. Work opportunities were good , especially if you knew people. Some say it's a bit cliquish . I moved to the ATL in '78 because of the fast pace and growing business opportunites it offered. Met a GA. Peach and never looked back.
I live just west of richmond but can still be in town in about 15 minutes .. its a ok place I guess..:rofl_200:

Got my Stage 7 jet kit in Friday and Filters from Kyle..:eusa_dance: Got some more polishing done this weekend ..That lil Monkey is killing me..:bang head: Im running out of room on my snap on beach towl..:rofl_200: Gona have to buy another Tool Box from snapon so I can Get another free towl to put my parts on..:rofl_200::rofl_200:

Attachments

• 2013-03-03_21-19-07_339.jpg
    2013-03-03_21-19-07_339.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 2013-03-03_21-19-23_302.jpg
    2013-03-03_21-19-23_302.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 2013-03-03_21-20-03_813.jpg
    2013-03-03_21-20-03_813.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 14
Back