Different exhaust cans?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefly

Reaction score
Has anyone here put another exhaust from other bikes on their max? I am thinking of putting a 2011 suzuki GSXR 1000 exhaust on my vmax, don't care much for loud ones, I like the look of these, I know it has been done on other bikes with great results.
Thanks

Attachments

• $(KGrHqJHJCQE8+1edTTpBPZ1FulTDg~~60_58.jpg
    $(KGrHqJHJCQE8+1edTTpBPZ1FulTDg~~60_58.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 108
Wow, those look like carp swimming upstream.

LW360.jpg

http://www.mcescher.com/

The exhausts on the sportbikes have gotten very 'free-form' the last few years ever since they decided they don't need to be round cans extending past the rear axle nut. Probably better packaging, but I like the 'old-school' look of the '80's superbikes' exhausts.

I bought a couple of exhaust cans to fit to my Kerker 4/1 for the 'Max, and to a spare header I have for my FZR1000. I also have a D & D which fell-off my buddy's ZX1000 Ninja, he was going to leave it lying in the road, so I went back & did my civic duty to retrieve it 'for future use.' (it migrated to the swale by the time I got turned-around. Couldn't find the end cap though. The can is a 'shorty,' it made a heckuva racket on his Ninja).

I just picked up a set of 1198 ducati cans that Im going to put on a gutted GEN II cat, Pics to follow.................sometime.

I asked the question on the FZ1 forum & sure enough someone did exactly that on his FZ1 using a suzuki can, I think it looks great & I am doing it for my FZ1 so I thought why not the max, it will need some work to fit it but that's all the funnn. see photos of FZ1 stock can & the modified one.

Attachments

• DSC00226.JPG
    DSC00226.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Muff%20new%20ver-3.jpg
    Muff%20new%20ver-3.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 33
  • FZ1%20gen%202%20muff.jpg
    FZ1%20gen%202%20muff.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 38
Don't tell Dave ("SpecOps13"), he will whip one of those onto his FZ8 in no-time! The good thing about that retrofit is you can usually buy those from people who went w/other aftermarket systems, for a song. :clapping:

I asked the question on the FZ1 forum & sure enough someone did exactly that on his FZ1 using a suzuki can, I think it looks great & I am doing it for my FZ1 so I thought why not the max, it will need some work to fit it but that's all the funnn. see photos of FZ1 stock can & the modified one.

Back