Ducati Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaWarrior

Reaction score
Looks interesting....finally out and getting reviewed. It's pretty clearly targeted at the Gen 2, it even has "scoops". The standard version is priced about the same also.

It's down a bit on power compared to a gen 2, but it's also over 200lbs lighter so I imagine it'll be serious competition.

Here

It's butt ugly, but priced lower than the VMAX. They may be able to poach potential customers.

that thing is UGLY!!! those scoops look like crap and the exhaust looks like the max one except only on one side.

I think it will be a bike you'll have to ride, I'm not amped on the looks but it's numbers look great and then there's Ducati's rep for handling.
It would be interesting to ride, and when your riding its all about feel, everybody else is doing the looking at that point!:eusa_dance:

Man, it looked good with a rider on it but it's worse than Butt Ugly by itself....

looks better with the max scoops and pipes ! always like ducati there designs were sort of cutting edge, they wernt afraid of being different but damit the dude that did this must have had a poster of a gen 2 hanging right over him ! imho

First off thanks to Redbone for changing the girl doing the splits. That was oddly disturbing on some level.
Bet Ducati is not gonna ask you for a downpayment and then put you on a list. On the other hand, good luck trying to find one of these unless you live in a metropolitan area. Not many Duc dealers to start with and I doubt they order ten to sell. I liked every Ducati I've ridden although some have been ugly as sin. I'mof the thought that if you like the Max, you would be OK with this. I still look at VRods and cry "cheater and copy cat"! I hope I get to ride one of these! Also wonder if Star will supply Gen 2s for demo rides this year?

Motor Cycle News reported on it last week and they LOVED it!

It out performed the Max at every level and seems to be a better bike with its state of the art features.

Looks apart (which is subjective anyway) you could spend a lot of money on it (in the UK) before you would approach what you would need to get a standard Max.

Apart from blind loyalty to Yameringha I'm struggling to think of a reason why you would buy a Gen II.

I love my gen I but won't sell it unless I have no choice.
But if it comes to a second bike, I have to agree with you.
Although the v-max's image and reputation can still be in the balance for me.
Saying that Ducati is far from having a bad reputation :p
Ducati streetfighter or Diavel, both sound sweet :p

The the electronic widgets look amazing, but the question is, how do they fare after about 10 years? My Max is 25 years old..

Good observation G.
You will be spending big money keeping all those systems running as they should. You won't have the huge secondary market for parts, mods, and technical help like we have here. That leads me to the question, how long will we see Gen 2 production go on for?

I would imagine the Duck is more like a Porsche... The Gen II and Gen I's have always been bad ass muscle bikes, loud and pissed off. That is the appeal of our babies to me. I see the people buying lots of these Ducks for sure but the prius and the mac book pro sale a ton as well.....
But with all that said, I like it to!

ya but how many mods can it take before it blows up? i cant afford the valve adjustments :(

they prolly have that vtwin tuned to the limit.

dont get me wrong i do like it but i dont hink its going to be all that less expensive to buy. the 2011 streetfighgter s is like 18,995.00 mabey it will be cheaper but still is a twin, now i have riden all types of bikes and the die hard HD guys always think they can get lots of power out of one, common crank pin accepted and all, but more tourq ect... aside they are still tractors i know i own one. the duck is a totally different design of course, but still all that power is still produced by a twin, even though they are state of the art, they are still running hard to make it, power is dependent on two cyl. instead of 4. imho

Back