forward controls

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thetank

Reaction score
can someone send me pics and maybe measurments on their forward controls? i have a mill and lathe i just want some starter ideas to build from so that i am not starting from scratch...o and anyone have an extra exaust can they might be interested in selling? i have full hindle 4 to 1 but the can is huge and doesnt look right with my idea of stripping it down

Attachments

• 5Gc5Ea5F63Kd3Id3Hec4n1bd6cf7c347518e7.jpg
    5Gc5Ea5F63Kd3Id3Hec4n1bd6cf7c347518e7.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 66
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 56
look in my album, I'm selling my IXIL muffler (haven't posted it yet) $100 shipped, ($104 if PP). I got it only few months ago but I want marks 4-2-2. I'm pretty sure it will fit any 4-2-1 header. It has the mounting bracket made already and a welded on collector to be used with 4-2-1 headers. PM if interested.

look in my album, I'm selling my IXIL muffler (haven't posted it yet) $100 shipped, ($104 if PP). I got it only few months ago but I want marks 4-2-2. I'm pretty sure it will fit any 4-2-1 header. It has the mounting bracket made already and a welded on collector to be used with 4-2-1 headers. PM if interested.

PM sent.

I have the ixil can on my hindle system that is identical to yours. Sounds awesome. I've also been talking to mark about getting one of his 12" cans to fit.

which one are you talking about the one on the 90 or the 98...i tried to check it out before but must have found something else....i am just confused about the collector part....i am a jeep guy ...lol. and i would totally be interested just let me clarify it with the boss...aka wife

http://vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=23497&page=2

Check this out!! Found it on the star forum. The only thing is now you have to make me a set!! Its the rules ask anyone :eusa_dance: no but in all seriousness if you do this let me see it. I might pay you for it!!

not trying to insult anyone else's work but from what i saw it gave me a start but i think i might be able to tweak it a little better....i am wandering if i can make a set that works but still lets the factory parts work too...i wanna be able to cruise but i still like to be able to eat the rockets up too and i feel better cornering hard with my feet back(but i am spoiled with cornering from my r1)
if i can figure out a good set up i might have to make a few extra to barter with

To be able to use both positions would be awesome. Im the same way in corners. I just bought my max this year. I had an FZR100 and a Suzuki bandit 1200 moded before so I like legs back in corners.. it doesn't feel like I have as much control if my feet are on my crash bars.. im 6'4" so my legs are pritty crammed

Hahahaha I don't know if your GF can handle the 1500. It deffinetly is a mans bike just im a little tall for it! Anyone 6' and over will agree with me.

Funny I would have thought the opposite. Lower seat would make the legs more crampled and add more stress.
I'm 5'9 but also get cramps, I was thinking to consider adding a bit on the seat (not stock anymore) ...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Funny I would have thought the opposite. Lower seat would make the legs more crampled and add more stress.
I'm 5'9 but also get cramps, I was thinking to consider adding a bit on the seat (not stock anymore) ...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Yeah, not for sure why the cramps stopped. I had cramps one season, over the winter i had Sean redo my seat and the cramps were not there the next season...It could be that the bloodflow to the legs was better b/c my rear end wasn't going numb on the stock seat anymore.:confused2: I do know that the seat was waaay more comfortable!!:biglaugh:
*Just to add to this: I did have Sean rework the seat a second time to give it a even flatter profile( lowering it ~1" more!!), I can say I've ridden 600 miles in a day w/o cramps and still was able to walk normally at the end!:punk:
The only other thing I changed was the stock handlebars to drag bars. The handlebars would have pulled my upper body slightly forward. :confused2::confused2:

Back