FYI.....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I live in Panama City Florida. Rode the beach everyday this week during Thunder Beach MC Rally. I was asked multiple times, "how much"? These Harley guys truly respect the Max....

Sounds like you had a fun time riding the beaches during the rally, @DustyMc! The Vmax is definitely a head-turner. I'm not surprised those Harley guys were curious. Always good to see motorcycle enthusiasts appreciating all types of rides.

Kudos. I crashed that group hug opening night with the VMax, then returned to the scene of the crime the next night on my Harley (100th Anniversary V-Rod).

While the V-Rod, as a V-Twin (despite liquid cooling and some Porsche collaboration) fit OK with the pack, the VMax turned more heads than just about anything else out there -- save for the most extreme, modded, 26" front-wheeled, air-shocked baggers that cost more than a Greyhound bus (but don't handle as well).

Overall, the V-Rod was well-tolerated and respected for its Milwaukee core, but the VMax got all the long looks and nods. You're right about the Harley cohort respecting it. My only regret was fixing its exhaust leak last month, which made it sounds like a 427 (but my neighbors hated it). In any event, I'll definitely bring the 'Max back there in October, and it would be cool to have both our red and blue '85's out there.

Back