Got a project

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think it matters, but shaft angle may come into play. We're going to find out with mine. I had to clearance the top of the shaft mounting flange to the case as the shaft flange was rubbing the top.

I'm painting the motor right now, just inside waiting for the first coat to dry! :D

I can't wait to see this:clapping:

And I want one........:biglaugh:

Got the motor painted. No stainless bolts yet (they should be here Monday when I'm out of town). Also no stainless inlays as I have to wait 'till we move into our new home before I get to my stainless. Also haven't scuffed the tops of the fins yet as I want to wait 'till it's 100% cured before I do. Here's the motor.
0329091316.jpg

Looking great! Give me a ring sometime, I have the same number, but changed phones, so I don't have your # anymore.

Not a VMax but it is from Ma' Yamaha.

Well I had chalked it up this year to not getting a bike due to some other obligations. Thanks to a certain friend that wouldn't let that go, I got into a bike on the cheap in the form of an 81 Yamaha XJ650. I got it home, put it on the battery charger, played with the choke, she fired right up. She's got some small leaks that are an easy fix but the big project has yet to come. This will be the last time she looks like this. Build pics/thread to follow.

downsized_0222091045.jpg
I'M GETTING WORRIED ABOUT YOU , ARE THOSE COOLERS ALL FILLED WITH DEAD BODY'S ?..:confused2:

Jeff, I'll give you a ring when I get back into town, hell maybe even while I'm out of town for work. :D

Coprunner - I'm in the middle of moving, we don't get our new house 'till May 1 so those are totes of junk. :D

Just got back into town late last night, long day at work so work on the bike was minimal. Got the SS bolts in, well what I recieved. My "kit" I got was a little incomplete, so I'm going to see if I can get a few individuals so I can finish the other side and the valve cover. Also got my pod filters.
0401092000.jpg

I'll get over tomorrow and hopefully get the majority of the fab done, and what I don't I can finish up by Sat night and get ready for paint!!!!!

Well????Where we at......I can't wait to see the finished project.....:worthy:

But I like to watch the progress as well...:biglaugh:

I only got to work on it one day last week due to work constraints and being out of town.

On to tonight....

Got my tail lights in today.
downsized_0406091920.jpg

Spent WAY more time than I thought fabbing the seat mounts.
downsized_0406092047.jpg

downsized_0406092128.jpg

The ban saw took a dump so I'm having my dad fab up the plate mount and key switch mount out of some templates that I have to drop off in the morning. I'm also having a friend of mine take my sissy bar measurments to work with him and we'll get that bent up. Getting closer!!!!

Wow this is a very interesting piece of machinery you are building up. When you get it together maybe I can cruise with you on my scooter we will be the cruising chick magnets.. I can make some gang jackets up if ya want? Any certain color you like?
Head out on the highway..... looking for adventure...... Hit it!:eusa_dance:

Thanks for the update.....

Looks like it's coming together!!!!:clapping:

Wow this is a very interesting piece of machinery you are building up. When you get it together maybe I can cruise with you on my scooter we will be the cruising chick magnets.. I can make some gang jackets up if ya want? Any certain color you like?
Head out on the highway..... looking for adventure...... Hit it!:eusa_dance:

I don't hit up the same bars you do. The girls I run around with are different from the "chicks" your picking up. I'm all about the female plumbing, not both. ;)

Well I got my license plate mount done, sissy bar is almost done, and the key mount (forgot to take a pic) is done. The key now resides under the seat facing the r/h side of the bike.
downsized_0407092034.jpg

downsized_0407092031.jpg

Sissy bar has a date with the torch and press at a friends work tomorrow and then I think the fab work is complete once I fill the fender holes, mount the tabs on the sissy bar, and fill the sides of the tank with a few small details to go.

Sissy Bar:rofl_200:

I think you should name your ride Sissy after that movie Urban Cowboy..
I cant wait for you to show me your local plumbing holes you cruise hurry and get the bike done Ol Scooty Scoot is ready to cruise with Sissy

That's cool, we'll look awesome going to the bars. Me in a t-shirt and jeans, and you in your '80's drag leathers talking about the days of old when you ruled the strip. ;) How can we not just drag the women in by the droves!?!?!?

Keep the updates coming.....:punk:

I wish I had skills:bang head:

That's cool, we'll look awesome going to the bars. Me in a t-shirt and jeans, and you in your '80's drag leathers talking about the days of old when you ruled the strip. ;) How can we not just drag the women in by the droves!?!?!?

80's drag leathers... LMAO you just want to see me squeeze in some leathers that are about 3 sizes to small dont ya! Are you Happy?
My stories are old we can dragrace ol sissy and fortune cookie for the ladies out front and make some new stories. When we hook up promise me I get the skinnier one since scooty scoot only has a lil over 9HP.. ohh thats right you dont have a passenger seat on Sissy do ya?

I have a suction seat that my wife will use the one bike night a month she gets to ride with me. We have a one year old that takes lots of our time and most of hers so she doens't get to ride much. Next fall I'll be doing a cruiser bike for the two of us to put more miles on.

Lankee, your too funny, I'll drag race your scoot scoot with this old worn out bike. :D

Onto tonight..

I start tear down tomorrow and grinding, I'm not looking forward to it.
Well here's where my key switch now resides.
0408092206.jpg

Here's the rough in part, all the fab is done. Now I have some body work and chassis grinding to do, like all my welds and some brackets etc... I'm liking the small headlight I ordered in.
downsized_0408092146.jpg

downsized_0408092152.jpg

All kidding aside this project is actually like art work and it takes a creative mind. Anyone can just buy a bike and ride it but you have proven there is more to motorcycles then buy and ride.
Keep the pics coming I enjoy looking at em:clapping:

Latest posts

Back