Got a project

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks fellas, I've put quite a few hours into it, and still have a few to go. I'm glad I'm not the only one that can appreciate the hours that go into something like this. My wife and son will be glad that it's done as they hardly see me anymore.

All kidding aside this project is actually like art work and it takes a creative mind. Anyone can just buy a bike and ride it but you have proven there is more to motorcycles then buy and ride.
Keep the pics coming I enjoy looking at em:clapping:

You hit the nail on the head Lankee!!!!

I am hoping I have enough money left from the sale of my Vmax:bang head: to buy somthing to do this to......It looks like it could be fun....:clapping:

Even more so I bet he isnt using high tech and high dollar equipment being on a budget since he has a lil one to take care of..
I can respect a person that can build out of there garage with basic tools torches, hammer and a keen eye for detail.
OCC arent bike builders they just have a lot of resources and send most there work out, Vinnie is really the only one who has any talent building tanks, smack on it with a hammer... look at it... bang bang bang... look at hit it with some files... bang bang There ya have it..
Billy Lane is another bike builder that is old school and has the knack to build some wild shit with some basic tools and he is fuked up most of the time and he still gets his lines straight..

Great job QH!:clapping: but my scooter has better style though :p

Big thanks for the kind words fellas. I don't have high end tools, in fact I'm just borrowing a 110 wire welder to do this. I bought an inexpensive chop saw, using a friends ban saw that he got on the cheap as well. I've got the "regular guy" tools in my arsenal making this happen. If I can get it done anybody can. Go for it Kaboom!

I got the bike torn down ready for grinding and paint. Can't wait to get this thing on the road! The weather is starting to get nice.
downsized_0409091840.jpg

:th_favorites24: Hurry man I want to see the results, and Scootie Scoot is all excited after I told him that I finially found a motorcycle that would cruise chicks with him

I doubt I could do it without help.....:ummm:

How do you know what angles to make on the hardtail????:confused2:

Lankee, we move into our new house on May 1. The goal is to ride it over to the house rather than bring it over in pieces.

Kaboom, I just set ride height and then made my straight lines with the frame tubes. Measure, mark, cut, trim to fit. I think the back is lowered around 6 inches.

Lankee, we move into our new house on May 1. The goal is to ride it over to the house rather than bring it over in pieces.

Kaboom, I just set ride height and then made my straight lines with the frame tubes. Measure, mark, cut, trim to fit. I think the back is lowered around 6 inches.

So you set it by ride height and not by swingarm angle....gotcha:clapping:

Nothing spectacular last night but I did get the extra tabs/brackets ground off the frame. Now it's ready for bondo/sanding/painting.

Not done yet but I'm down to the time consuming part. I've got the frame done and am actually waiting for dry time now so I can get the clear coat on it. The differential has paint on it and am waiting to dry for another coat. Monday/Tuesday I should have the majortiy of the parts in color and ready to reassemble.

Got the frame painted but am not happy with it. I was having some reaction issues with the paint and I'm out of time to worry about it before I move. If I keep the bike over the winter I already have changes that I want to make and I'll take care of it then. Got the diff done with filling the "Yamaha" logo and getting it painted. The sissy bar in the pic is painted as well as the lower fork triple not in the pic painted. I have to do the fork lowers and upper tripple and assembly starts tomorrow.
0420092058.jpg

Can't wait! I hope to be rolling next week with it.

Lots of little things kept slowing me down but I got to a decent stopping point. I keep forgetting about all the little things I hadn't painted. Tomorrow it should have the motor in and I hope quite a bit more.
downsized_0421092345.jpg

Getting closer, still hope to have most of it done by the weekend and just work on the tins and finish wiring next week to fire!
downsized_0422092316.jpg

Latest posts

Back