Got my carbs back from Sean, need advice

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
Hi all,

I got my carbs and seat and chrome parts back from Sean today

( Thank you very much Sean !!!! )

So this afternoon and tonight I plan to install my carbs and sync them. I did make a rookie mistake when I took them apart and didn't note which cable was in which linkage hole :bang head:

I took these pictures and I numbered the cables and linkage holes, I'm hoping somene can help me and tel me which cable goes in which hole.

carb_cables.jpg

linkage.jpg

I assume the cables go though these guides but when I took the carbs off the cables were not in them, I can thank the mechanic for that fubar as well. Can someone tell me which cable goes through which guide.

guides.jpg

Thank you in advance for your help

Ron

#1 is the close cable and goes to #1 or the inner hole. #2 is the open cable and goes to the outer or #2 hole.

OK so if I understand both of you I got lucky numbering the pics and all 1's go to 1's and 2's go to 2's ??

Anything else you guys can think of that I can be careful about as this is my first time doing this, EVER !

Thanks
Ron

OK so if I understand both of you I got lucky numbering the pics and all 1's go to 1's and 2's go to 2's ??

Anything else you guys can think of that I can be careful about as this is my first time doing this, EVER !

Thanks
Ron

Take your time and use a lot of blue painters tape and cover anything you don't want scratched with a screwdriver or any other tools.

I am anal like that!

Chris

Did I understand that all the 1"s go to the 1's and 2's to 2's ??

I already planned on using the painters tape, I remmeber you mentioning that in a prior post. Once I get everything connected I turn the key a few times to fill the bowls, right?
Then I sync and hopefully it rides like it use to before the dealership and other mechanic got ahold of my bike.

Just turn the key on and it will fill them up. Crank and it will start after a little bit.

You have a brand new filter on it right?

Chris

No new filter, should I get one? are they a dealer only part?

also nobody has answered my question about

1's to 1's and 2's to 2's. You can't really mix them up very well (though it may be possible but i've never tried.)

new filter isn't 100% needed but remember Chris is anal like that - lol.

Cycle the key until you don't hear the pump clicking. It will probably start right away and should idle reasonably well. A bit of fine tune sycing and you'll be in business.

Sean

+1, once you have the cables hooked test the throttle grip and make sure the butterflies are opening correctly.

No new filter, should I get one? are they a dealer only part?

also nobody has answered my question about

Here's a copy of a post by 4Gasem regarding fuel filters:

"You can get the ones at Auto-Zone and other A/P stores that are clear and have several different inlet barb sizes in the package and they will work great."

I have a supply of OEM Yamaha filters so haven't tried these yet...but a lot of guys do.

danny

i assume yall are talking about fuel filters? i'd get one from the dealer... if air filters isn't sean's jet kit built into the top of the airbox?

Here's a copy of a post by 4Gasem regarding fuel filters:

"You can get the ones at Auto-Zone and other A/P stores that are clear and have several different inlet barb sizes in the package and they will work great."

I have a supply of OEM Yamaha filters so haven't tried these yet...but a lot of guys do.

danny

Read slower Garrett!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

In my second picture in the first post in this thread there is a knob in the upper right hand corner of the picture, what does this control?

Thanks
Ron

Of all the times to find this out...

Weds. I was planning on installing my carbs that I got back from Sean, So I went to bed early to get a fresh start in the morning. Little did I know that the morning would be 2:00 AM, I couldn't sleep so I got up and got my gargae ready and the bike already and boom "What's this ???"

unknown_hose.jpg

I saw this hose that I obviously didn't pay attention to when I removed the carbs. Can someone tell me what this hose coming from the front of the bike is for and where on the carbs ( I assume ) it connects to. Please keep in mind I am new to this and don't know the name of all the parts yet so it would help me if I was able to see in a picture where it should go. I'll post a pic of the top and bottom of my carbs after they were removed.

top.jpg

Bottom

bottom.jpg

I also found out something I didn't know, I unfolded the owners manual that was tucked away under the rear seat and the model number was
VMX12W1C I know that means california, what's the difference in the 2 models ??

Re: Of all the times to find this out...

It goes to the left front intake manifold. The other 3 manifolds have rubber caps on them. You remove this hose and the other 3 caps to hook up your sync tool.

Sean

Thanks Sean,

Can the carbs be synced with the V-Boost disconnected? ie full time V-Boost

Ron

Back