Headlight mod

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anything has to be better than stock.I would like to get the plug and play relays from eager beaver.It is supposed to help get more voltage to the light.

Shawn, I got the relays from easter beaver and they work great but if you are good with electrical you can make your own, I think Taylor has the scheme for them.
But lighting both high and low beam at the same time in one head light is a sure socket melt down.

shawn kloker said:
Anything has to be better than stock.I would like to get the plug and play relays from eager beaver.It is supposed to help get more voltage to the light.
________
dispensaries

Last edited:
are you saying that you have both high and low beams on at the same time? or just the high beam?.
If both high and low beams are on full time I would think the heat will be much greater than using high beam only.

wfcall said:
I totally disagree.......
Mines been running that way for two years..it stays on high 98% of the time with no issues...
The socket is not even slightly heat damaged......

Rusty
________
dispensaries

Last edited:
Ibrahim, if you wish you can get a heavy duty socket at stores like Napa, Advance, etc...

I did the 4 light hi-beam conversion on my wife's Tahoe and what a difference. I also had previously changed all 4 bulbes to the Sylvania Silverstars. + With that change it's like daylight for about 50 yards in front of the truck and still bright out much further.
Sounds like a great mod for the Max:eusa_dance: Could our wimpy electrical systems keep up with both headlights and a set of heated grips:a014: ?????
Lew

Yeah but you are blinding the opposing traffic:) and even with that they don't see us:damn angry:
ride safe

wfcall said:
If your handy running a fresh wire from the battery and fusing it for these items apart from the factory wiring would leminate any problems with factory wiring.

The charging system is still gonna suffer some but mines never shown any problems; yet....
________
Mercedes-Benz W463

Last edited:
I have a new MaxLight kit available if anyone is interested, ?45.00 + shipping .

Looks like tis:

maxlight-2.jpg

- Johan
http://imageevent.com/jkvmax

Johan, why's that? Are the relays smaller?

I have the universal kit, everything fits inside the headlight shell and the relays fit perfectly behind the steering neck cover. Thanks for the response!

Back