help me troubleshoot after dumping her

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

serrow

Reaction score
I had my stupid brake lock on when i was moving the scoot from her parking space. I softly had to drop the bike on my inclined parking space. she sat there for about 30 seconds at about a -10% where she started to lose coolant, and gas.

I lifted the bike back up, and after about 20 mins i started it, and took a small ride. Since i bent the clutch handle, i replaced it. today, i notice that the bike is very sluggish. idle seems weaker, and poor acceleration. Engine also sounds less consistent. not sure if its missing a cylinder or anything.

could some of you point me to a problem that could have resulted from me dumping the bike like this? no real damage, but something is clearly not right. any ideas?

I had my stupid brake lock on when i was moving the scoot from her parking space. I softly had to drop the bike on my inclined parking space. she sat there for about 30 seconds at about a -10% where she started to lose coolant, and gas.

I lifted the bike back up, and after about 20 mins i started it, and took a small ride. Since i bent the clutch handle, i replaced it. today, i notice that the bike is very sluggish. idle seems weaker, and poor acceleration. Engine also sounds less consistent. not sure if its missing a cylinder or anything.

could some of you point me to a problem that could have resulted from me dumping the bike like this? no real damage, but something is clearly not right. any ideas?

Fouled plug, float whacked, synch now off???

Anything is possible...

:cheers:

Neil

Hunch but..probably carb related..inspect carbs, blow out air jets and maybe check floats..gas probably got somewhere it should'nt have

guess i'd love to have a starting point. i do notice that after replacing the clutch handle, it does not roll as easy in gear when the engine is off. the boot in the master cylinder was busted, so perhaps i should get a rebuild kit.

also got some new plugs, and maybe the bike being turned over may have loosened sediment in the tank... who knows. anyone wanna give me a step by step in stuff i should check and replace?

guess i'd love to have a starting point. i do notice that after replacing the clutch handle, it does not roll as easy in gear when the engine is off. the boot in the master cylinder was busted, so perhaps i should get a rebuild kit.

also got some new plugs, and maybe the bike being turned over may have loosened sediment in the tank... who knows. anyone wanna give me a step by step in stuff i should check and replace?

Are you sure it is running any different than before the tip over? Not saying you are lying but I remember the first vehicle i had that after an accident I found and heard lots of issue. After I stepped back and thought about it, I realized I was creating my own issue in my mind. Now I'm not saying this is the same in your case, but generally a light tipover should have no effect on how the bike runs. The only damage would be cosmetic damage to the bodywork. But if you are having running issues, then it would probably be a carb related issue, maybe with the float. In that case, you will have to remove the carbs. If you are comfortable with that I think I posted a step by step procedure (with pictures) in another post. I'll see if I can find it.
Here's the carb removal post http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?p=15316#post15316

Back