Hey y'all - i'm baaack!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lotsokids

Reaction score
I haven't been here in a while since sadly selling my '85 V-Max in 2013. But today I just bought a 1999 V-Max here in Hungary. The value is higher here than the U.S., so I didn't get a great deal on it. But I got it. The custom 4-into-4 exhaust is very loud, but I like it. I've been hunting for one for a while now. Glad I finally got one again. This is the 3rd V-Max I've owned. I just love them. Fits my "muscle car" personality. :biglaugh:

See you around.

New_VMax_zpsbfac1577.jpg

I have noticed this 1999 bike seems much more stable with the increased fork diameter (I think in 1993).

We just got a bunch of snow last night, so I bought this just in time. :clapping:

I've owned an FJ 1200 for the last 4 years, but I sold it a couple weeks ago to a co-worker with the intention of buying a V-Max. Very good support of my decision over on the FJ Forum.

Well hang onto the exhaust.....Someone on here found slipons from Japan that do the same thing, and I'm wanting to say that they were over 1000 USD.

Polished the exhaust and took the black off the scoops today... not an easy task. I used an air tool with a brillo pad-like attachment. Then buffed out and clear coated.

Now I need this snow to leave so I can ride this beast!!!

DSC_0018_zps831f1adb.jpg

DSC_0019_zps34fa70fa.jpg

Is yours the full version Vmax? I recall a lot of them were restricted or was that just the older ones?
I too am locked in because of winter, I may try to refinish my scoops so they try to look almost as good as yours.

Back