HP upgrades

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
147.5 rwhp from my 07. That's overbored, high duration cams, bigger valves, a stage 7 kit and a Kerker. Still running V-Boost. The upside; monster power. It will spin the back wheel before the front goes light. Very docile at low speeds and idle and starts instantly. The downside; No problem whatsoever in getting into the high teens mpg and MAYBE 25mpg on a steady cruise. I didn't do this work myself, I bought the bike this way but I have receipts for over 6k in engine work and I got the bike for under standard market value.
As has been stated before, it's cheaper to just buy a higher HP bike unless you have the readies to spend and just have to have a V-Max :)

Chris.

I'm not trying to discourage you from doing upgrades to your Vmax....but upgrades to the Vmax are expensive.

HP upgrades are nice, but one thing to think of....140 hp (at the rear wheel) with the stock front springs, stock brakes...etc...might get a little bit scary.
Before I even consider doin stuff to add power, I will upgrade the suspension, brakes and stiffen the frame with appropriate bracing. also, I will convert to radials, to better handle the increased performance I desire.

It would be best to make certain the bike will be controllable with the increased power.

Like a few of the guys mentioned that you can get more power, better handling bikes for cheaper than a Vmax, but then you wouldn't have a G1 Vmax!
Yeah... I LOVE the 1st gen Vmax, and if I bought a Busa... it just would not be as satisfying, in my opinion.

Does anyone know of any unique way to get the weight on the bike down to increase my hp/kg ratio? I know an aftermarket exhaust should save me some weight, as well as light rims, but will cutting the weight of the bike alter reliability?
Exhaust and battery have already been discussed. I myself wish to mention wheels. Specifically, going with some seriously lighter wheels. Lighter wheels will give you less rotational inertia, and that will allow you to spin the wheels up to speed faster.

I have no idea, I don't know if he sold the one on the forum yet, but if you pm him I'm sure he will give you a price range, he likes to feed our mod monkeys

ha! Ok, I will send him a msg. But, just to make sure the ducks are in a row. Did Sean say he has a turbo kit for sale minus the turbo? Seems to be the
norm to sell the entire kit as a package.

my wish list for this build was to do a supercharger. I have a turbo zx14 which has taken me forever to get straighten out. So to do a SC build with carbs sounds interesting, but, I am always open to good deals and new opportunities.

Back