I need some reassuring

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm buying a 2007 VMAX ( will be my 6th ) and this is the first one I have ever had with after market exhaust, it has UFO black coated 4 into 1 exhaust.

I just found out that with this exhaust you have to remove the center stand.

Ihave ALWAYS used my centerstand rather than the kick stand.. I was always afraid to see my bike laying on it's side because the asphalt got soft on a hot day.

I'm already looking for a stock exhaust to change it out, BUT what if I like the UFO exhaust, I need some reassuring from those of you who use the kick stand most the time.

Thanks

You can carry a coaster to put your side stand on, spread the load out. Even a flattened out beer can works in a pinch.

My hindle 4 into 1 allows the centerstand to stay in place. Maybe you can sell your UFO one or swap it with morley for something that will work with you?

I don't have a center stand and I don't miss it. In fact, I don't use the center on any of my bikes. I do sometimes carry a small piece of 1/2" wood under the passenger seat for hot asphalt. If your worried about it scratching your fender (where you can't see it anyway) you can wrap it in a rag.

I havent used a centerstand on my VMAX since 2001. Since then I have never had my motorcycle fall over.
Just use commone sense when parking your bike and also park it in first gear NEVER neatruel and you wont have an Ohh shit moment

The performance and sound is worth not having the centerstand. Get a small coaster and keep it under your passenger seat.

I lost the centerstand when I put on my slash cuts....occasionally I miss it when I'm working on her, but I still have it if I ever need to slap it back on.
I never used it when out on the road.
My job parking lot has real thin blacktop that gets real soft in August. Sometimes the stand goes in, but the little toe kick part keeps her from sinking all the way.
Like FIREWRENCH said, carry a coaster for those real hot days, otherwise you should be AOK.
Come to think of it, even when I park on the unpacked gravel the sidestand is just fine.

I lost the centerstand when I put on my slash cuts....occasionally I miss it when I'm working on her, but I still have it if I ever need to slap it back on.
I never used it when out on the road.
My job parking lot has real thin blacktop that gets real soft in August. Sometimes the stand goes in, but the little toe kick part keeps her from sinking all the way.
Like FIREWRENCH said, carry a coaster for those real hot days, otherwise you should be AOK.
Come to think of it, even when I park on the unpacked gravel the sidestand is just fine.

Jack stands under the footpeg mounts

I don't have a center stand and I don't miss it. In fact, I don't use the center on any of my bikes. I do sometimes carry a small piece of 1/2" wood under the passenger seat for hot asphalt. If your worried about it scratching your fender (where you can't see it anyway) you can wrap it in a rag.

Not sure I understand this comment?

If your worried about it scratching your fender (where you can't see it anyway) you can wrap it in a rag.

The passenger seat covers half the fender. That area is also painted. I carry stuff under the seat. I normally will wrap whatever I put in there (coaster for kickstand) with a shop rag so the paint won't get messed up. I know you can't see it, but its the principle. Plus, that way I always have a rag with me , just in case.

the sidestand works quite well but there are a few companies out there that make parking pads you take with you. I do have one older 4-1 hindle left that I would trade out but you would still need to coat it to look good (we can have it done for you). It's similar to the one I sold HDKILA but larger outlet piping.

Sean

my old '94 had no center stand. never had an issue all last summer, it can get hot here!

i agree with lankee too. never park in N, i can't believe how many people do.

my old '94 had no center stand. never had an issue all last summer, it can get hot here!

i agree with lankee too. never park in N, i can't believe how many people do.
I did once and had one of those "OH SHIT!" moments and broke my brake handle(Thank you Garret for the new one). (my bike is lowered) I`ll never do that again I`m getting my side stand cut and re welded when my friend has time to do it for me.
<<Dave>>

I love my center stand. I wouldn't give it up for anything. Whenever I park the bike anywhere there's a chance of people walking by, kids climbing on, cars and trucks parking, animals etc, the bike on the center stand. I also love it whenever I'm working on the bike, not interested in the hassle of using jack stands or a jack or race stand.

If I ever upgrade my exhaust it'll be one that can live with the center stand.

Latest posts

Back