Introduction

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alawicious

Reaction score
Just wanted to start a thread to say hi.

Hopefully this is in the right place on the board. If its not, MODs feel free to move it to where it belongs :)

My name is Mark and I live in the mountains of North Georgia. I've been into motorcycling for 20+ years and currently I ride a 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 1000. Yeah I know, its not a Vmax and right now I feel like an Oreo in a box of Wheat Thins :D I figure as long as we're on two wheels enjoying the freedom and exhilaration of riding, its all good.

I look forward to being a part of the board and even though I may not be able to add anything Vmax specific at the moment, maybe I can add some things that are riding specific.

Here are a few pics of what I ride:

284820_256872834340238_100000525702962_969171_692929_n_zpsebb84cb8.jpg

DSC_6625_zps8f386059.jpg

Untitled_zpsa62889a3.jpg

Good looking bike. Most of us aren't too prejudice lol! If you get an opportunity to ride either generation vmax I am sure you'll find yourself buying one. They aren't the fastest, or the best handling, but they are an iconic image in motorcycling and will also set you apart from all other bike types (they aren't in the plastic/tupperware bike category and not in the twin/harley category). They just do everything well.

Companies like mine and others will help it do everything even better!

Sean

Thanks!!

Its the first sportbike I've ridden/owned and when I bought it I was hoping to trailer it home so I could get used to it in a more controlled environment. However it didn't work out that way and I had to ride it home. Since I had never ridden a sportbike of any kind or any bike with the kind of power those things have, I was absolutely terrified.

It took a week or so to get used to it but after that I was non stop on it. Even rain isn't a big deal anymore

I really like that color theme :)
Welcome on board Max. Chill with us and after a while you'll want to get a vmax too hahaha :punk:

Welcome Mark, nice looking ride for sure. I like everything on wheels.
I'm warning you though, you'll be wanting a Vmax if you stick around here.
Steve-o

We'll ride anything, even Harley or is that Hardley Now. Hardly made in the USA..:rofl_200:
Welcome to the Dark Side...

welcome to the board. just curious why you joined if you don't have a vmax? hope that doesn't sound bad at all, all are welcome!

I hope you get a chance to hook up with some v-maxers in your area and ride with them. A v-max ride is a lot different from "other" rides. At least it is in my area and I'm guessing it is the same everywhere v-maxers gather. Check out some of the ride vids

welcome to the board. just curious why you joined if you don't have a vmax? hope that doesn't sound bad at all, all are welcome!

I must be honest. I have recently joined bikesponsors and I did a search online and saw one of your members had done this as well - KJShover. His posts here brought back the most returns. I saw the support you all gave him and I've read a few other post out of curiosity and it appears you all are a tight knit bunch. That's impressive because you don't see that much anymore so I thought this would be a cool place to hang out. Well done Vmaxers :clapping:

Great riding in your neck of the woods! Plenty of members don't have a Vmax because of various circumstances. This is a huge body of information at your disposal if you decide to make the leap. Plenty of our group rides are a mix of bikes but there is nothing like 20 Vmaxes ripping it up! Nice to have you lurking.

I must be honest. I have recently joined bikesponsors and I did a search online and saw one of your members had done this as well - KJShover. His posts here brought back the most returns. I saw the support you all gave him and I've read a few other post out of curiosity and it appears you all are a tight knit bunch. That's impressive because you don't see that much anymore so I thought this would be a cool place to hang out. Well done Vmaxers :clapping:

Welcome to the forum! :cheers: I agree about the forum members here. I'm on quite a few motorcycle forums and the gang here are like a family! From help with your bike, borrowing a tool, need a spare part, family or job crisis, these guys have always been there to help you out. I've been lucky enough to meet quite a few of the members here on rides and they are as great in person as they are on line. If you get a chance to join a ride with a forum member here, do it!
BTW, I really like the colour combo of your Gixxer. I haven't seen that combo before. Many of us here own other bikes also, such as myself, as I also own a Busa and a DRZ400.
Once again welcome to VMF and maybe we can meet on a ride sometime.

This area is awesome for riding to say the least.

It would be geat to get together for a ride. There's not too many folks to ride with around here.

I appreciate the compliments on my ride. It is very unique and thats what I like about it :)

Thanks!!

Its the first sportbike I've ridden/owned and when I bought it I was hoping to trailer it home so I could get used to it in a more controlled environment. However it didn't work out that way and I had to ride it home. Since I had never ridden a sportbike of any kind or any bike with the kind of power those things have, I was absolutely terrified.

It took a week or so to get used to it but after that I was non stop on it. Even rain isn't a big deal anymore

Same story here :biglaugh: I can`t remember a thing of my ride home from the PO, it just kind of drove me instead of vice versa :rofl_200:
But before that I rode a GS500E, little Suzuki, but really good frames, i love the suzuki frame it`s just soooooo stiff, wish there was one on the max!

I traded my GS500F for this one. It was a great little bike. The reason I traded was I thought the fuel injection would be more efficient than the carbed system on the 500. Of coures when I upgraded I got two more cylinders so it was about the same as far as fuel economy;)

But at least my wife was sold on the idea of upgrading :eek:h yeah:

Back