Introduction

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diggerdan

Reaction score
Hello all, a noob here to the forum, I'm just about locked in on a new/zero miles 2013 Nebulous Purple V-Max purchase through a Honda-Yamaha dealership in Berkely CA. The dealership is about 2 hours south of where I live. I'm in a small town in Northern CA called Ukiah.
I own an orange '08 M109R and it looks like I'm going to keep it rather than sell it, not for lack of trying! It seems the high mileage (60,000 (16,000 on the re-built engine) on the trans and chassis) I have on it is scaring folks away.
I work as a CNC machinist, but I'm a certified Mercruiser mechanic (boats) I just can't keep busy enough throughout the year to work as a boat mechanic.
Anyhow I'll be looking for advice on mods and I'm super stoked to finally take ownership of the new V-Max!

You got access to materials and shop time? I'm sure there are a lot of guys on here that would love to have another machinist to go to for small bits. Good luck picking up your bike. You're gonna love it.

OH, and welcome to the forum. It's a great group of people here.

Welcome. We love people that can afford a new VMax. The rest of us are searching for the deal of the year on a used one. :rofl_200:

Welcome to the forum. You're going to LUV that new Max.

Welcome. We love people that can afford a new VMax. The rest of us are searching for the deal of the year on a used one. :rofl_200:

Thanks for the "welcomes"...
Yes, Yamaha is proud of this beast. I've been saving for a long time just for the down payment. I was approved at 3.49% and I'm pulling the trigger tomorrow. They are discounting the bike price to 15,990 because it's considered to be a "leftover"... Anxious as all get out though, wish me luck!:biglaugh:

Thanks for the "welcomes"...
Yes, Yamaha is proud of this beast. I've been saving for a long time just for the down payment. I was approved at 3.49% and I'm pulling the trigger tomorrow. They are discounting the bike price to 15,990 because it's considered to be a "leftover"... Anxious as all get out though, wish me luck!:biglaugh:

$15,990 + tax , tag and title ?

Welcome, congrats , and get used to the new beast slowly , the acceleration is astounding . And tires get expensive, 13250 miles on mine and tire number 4 on the back and 3 on the front. If you would like your seat lowered or a set of HWBs , I can hook you up.Enjoy your new toy

You got access to materials and shop time? I'm sure there are a lot of guys on here that would love to have another machinist to go to for small bits. Good luck picking up your bike. You're gonna love it.

OH, and welcome to the forum. It's a great group of people here.

No shop time at all. I do have access to "some" scrap metals though, mainly aluminum.

Welcome Diggerdan, you will never look at your M109 the same as you did before Mr. Max came into your life.

Welcome and congratulations!

You are buying a fun, unique and very capable motorcycle. It will have you grinning ear to ear every time you twist the throttle. :biglaugh:

if you have any questions feel free to ask, I/we will be happy to answer them for you. I've had my 2009 for 5 awesome years and still get excited every time I turn the key!

My prediction is that M 109 is gonna get very dusty, the battery goes flat and the carbs gum up after the Gen 2 arrives.
Welcome. Great roads in your neck of the woods which suit your Max perfectly!

My prediction is that M 109 is gonna get very dusty, the battery goes flat and the carbs gum up after the Gen 2 arrives.
Welcome. Great roads in your neck of the woods which suit your Max perfectly!

I'm still trying to sell the M109R (Fuel Injected BTW lol) so it doesn't collect dust and I'll pay off my loan faster! :)
:punk:

So today I'll be working out the details on the purchase. I'll be having to sneak some phone calls while I'm on the floor running 2 Horizontal Mills. It's gonna be tricky! Wish me luck!

Also, I understand the Yamaha saddlebags are real hard to find?! Damn! Anyone got any leads on a set?

Ok, $18,400 out the door, tax, title, & license. I'm picking it up when it gets there, within the next couple days. On the outside it might have to be picked up on Saturday, depends on whether or not my employer will let me work a half day or not...

Back