Introduction

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still trying to sell the M109R (Fuel Injected BTW lol) so it doesn't collect dust and I'll pay off my loan faster! :)
:punk:

So today I'll be working out the details on the purchase. I'll be having to sneak some phone calls while I'm on the floor running 2 Horizontal Mills. It's gonna be tricky! Wish me luck!

Also, I understand the Yamaha saddlebags are real hard to find?! Damn! Anyone got any leads on a set?

HARD BAGS DISCONTINUED BY YAMAHA:bang head::bang head::bang head:

Ok, $18,400 out the door, tax, title, & license. I'm picking it up when it gets there, within the next couple days. On the outside it might have to be picked up on Saturday, depends on whether or not my employer will let me work a half day or not...

That will tell you if your employer has a heart !! Get ready for the ear to ear grin .

Welcome. We love people that can afford a new VMax. The rest of us are searching for the deal of the year on a used one. :rofl_200:

Speak for yourself, there are plenty of us who COULD afford one, but just won't pay top dollar when there are plenty of cheaper, faster alternatives aorund for HALF the price! It's all about the VALUE, what you spend vs. what you get. I love the new VMAX, have since day one, I just won't pay stupid money for it. Big difference between CAN'T buy one and WON'T buy one!!!!!

The bike didn't get delivered to the dealership today, I guess it'll be there tomorrow...

As with any hobby that you are passionate about, it isn't about value to someone else rather than the value you see in your hobby. I picked up my vmax here on Guam for $500, a 2001 with just under 10,000 miles. It needed about $1000 to get it safe to ride. All I heard was that even with my upgrades I'm still below blue book and could sell it for a profit. For me, I don't really care how much money I put into my max, it is a dream and a passion and will not sell it for any amount of money.
I would really like to own a gen 2 but I'm starting to plan my retirement so it might not be in my near future. However, I say if you want one and want to spend the money, I say go for it. Anyone on this forum will tell you the joy you get from owing the most iconic bike of all time, IMHO. Gen 1 or gen 2, I think the basic idea of the vmax still remains true and I hope one day I can save up enough to buy one.

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant

Low and behold my V-Max WAS delivered this afternoon to the dealership in Berkeley! It's in the crate, so they'll be assembling it and trickle charging the battery. Very anxious n excited!:punk:

Take tomorrow off and go help...[/QUOTE

I FREAKIN' wish I could be there to help assemble the beast!

Apparently my work doesn't take lightly to day/time off requests. They know the job market is tighter than tight and besides, they have orders of parts to get out on time. I doubt they'll give me a half day off on Friday. I've asked, but wasn't given a direct answer. I'll keep my fingers crossed...:tantrum:

Work my Vmax brother, you will have time to get acquainted with your new bike. You'll need the. $$$$$ for tires at very least. .

Speak for yourself, there are plenty of us who COULD afford one, but just won't pay top dollar when there are plenty of cheaper, faster alternatives aorund for HALF the price! It's all about the VALUE, what you spend vs. what you get. I love the new VMAX, have since day one, I just won't pay stupid money for it. Big difference between CAN'T buy one and WON'T buy one!!!!!

You can't ever resist can you. What an a-hole you are. You have no clue what value is.

Every time someone talks about the price of a Gen 2 you have to flap your gums, repeating the same crap like a broken record. WTF is wrong with you?

Low and behold my V-Max WAS delivered this afternoon to the dealership in Berkeley! It's in the crate, so they'll be assembling it and trickle charging the battery. Very anxious n excited!:punk:

Nice!

I remember my ride home from the dealer like it was yesterday!

Don't forget to post of some photos.

Here is another forum with tons of Gen 2 information
http://www.starvmax.com/forum

I can promise you nobody there will question the "value" of your purchase. ;) Nothing but happy Gen 2 owners over there.

The boss told me I can leave work at 2. It'll be cutting it close, but it'll have to do. I'll be drooling on my VMX17DC around 4:30 pm!

I'd love to add a Gen 2 to my stable. Maybe in a few years... Congratulations, enjoy that bad boy!! (And then the mods begin!!!)

Back