Introduction

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to add a Gen 2 to my stable. Maybe in a few years... Congratulations, enjoy that bad boy!! (And then the mods begin!!!)

Hyper! What's up?! :punk:

What a freakin' ride!!! Rode her back home to Ukiah from Berkeley, tons of power. Brutal power. Excellent braking. Smooth shifting.

There's more goodness but I want to get to the "wish it had's"

Sixth gear would be nice.
More room between your torso and the handlebars. I kept wanting to stretch out but couldn't.
Alittle more "cush" to the seat.
The "up shift" light isn't working. I gotta figure that out!
Micro scratches on the front fender, the dealer is Fed-Exing me a new one.
That's all I can think of right now but what a bike!!! Extremely happy with it!!!:punk:

Hyper! What's up?! :punk:

What a freakin' ride!!! Rode her back home to Ukiah from Berkeley, tons of power. Brutal power. Excellent braking. Smooth shifting.

There's more goodness but I want to get to the "wish it had's"

Sixth gear would be nice.
More room between your torso and the handlebars. I kept wanting to stretch out but couldn't.
Alittle more "cush" to the seat.
The "up shift" light isn't working. I gotta figure that out!
Micro scratches on the front fender, the dealer is Fed-Exing me a new one.
That's all I can think of right now but what a bike!!! Extremely happy with it!!!:punk:

Sixth would be nice, you can change the handlebars , I can strieghten out that seat problem , the up shift light is adjustable but if you wind her up you'll see it come on around 9k I believe .
You may also find a set of HWBs would be nice to change up your riding position for those long rides ( I can help with those too)

Go have fun !

Ok, I guess HWB doesn't stand for Hot Water Boiler. What's it stand for? (lol)

Ok, I guess HWB doesn't stand for Hot Water Boiler. What's it stand for? (lol)

High Way Bars, nice single bolt install, adjustable , great when just cruisin

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 27
My girlfriend Kristin snapped this pic on the way home from picking up the bike last night...

I put 289 miles on the bike yesterday carving canyons with plenty of twisties out Highway 20 in Lake County headed towards Sacramento. Sooooo beast!

hello newbe, welcome a lot of nice guys here to help with mods and up keep on the bike.

Windshield...

I ordered the "Touring" windshield and a black sissy bar (on back order through the middle of August). The wind pressure on my neck has my neck kinda sore. I found this pic on the internet of what the bike looks like with it on. Looking forward to the UPS delivery!

Attachments

• 7-22-14 007.jpg
    7-22-14 007.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 30
An good time to be a VMax owner-a new bike. As TX SS said, there are other bikes w/more performance at a cheaper price, but-BUT-they aren't VMaxes. Which is after all why we are here. If you like to ride a "Hamburger bike", a Suzuki BK, well, that's your choice, more-power to you. If you got a good deal on it, all the better. But-BUT-it's not a VMax, and VMaxes are why we spend our time on-here.

One of my employees has a Hamburger bike and I never see him on it. When I ride my VMax to work, someone will want to speak to me about it as I get ready to leave the campus, or arrive at the campus. Many people have no-idea what it is. They see the Yamaha logos, but they don't know what it is. One thing I like to tell them, is how-long it was in production, and that it is a bike for experienced riders, not 'newbies.' OK, now those of you who had one as your 1st bike, I don't need to hear from you!:biglaugh:

I would like to have a newer bike, but I don't think I would buy a new Gen II. Maybe if I could find one in the $11K range w/o a lot of miles... . Ah, I would have to sell a couple of bikes but wouldn't it be worth it? I'm not making any plans, yet.

Well, enjoy that ride, and ATGATT. :punk:

Love that color, bud!! I just picked up a 2014 Metallic Matte Gray couple weeks ago...got 400 miles on it. 200 more to go and oil change time!!

^ Thanks bro and congrats on your bike! Yea I've got 60 more miles to go before I do the first oil and shaft drive oil change... :biglaugh:

Back