Irony in America

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MtnMax/Magniac

Reaction score
There must be a U-turn we can take somewhere along this road . . .

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-08-13 at 7.05.41 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2014-08-13 at 7.05.41 PM.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Screen shot 2014-08-13 at 7.06.04 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2014-08-13 at 7.06.04 PM.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 59
  • Screen shot 2014-08-13 at 7.06.54 PM.png
    Screen shot 2014-08-13 at 7.06.54 PM.png
    187.6 KB · Views: 58
All true, this is what happens when political correctness rules the world.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The left is a anchor for this country with their self righteous, sanctimonious agenda while the right is seemingly in a rudderless fog. Even the thought to balance the two would be deemed a radical idea in this day and age by both parties. :damn angry::bang head:

Sorry I dont think the bible should be taught in public schools. If that's what the first one is implying. I assume it is implying that because kids are allowed to bring bibles to school and read them at their leisure.

However I do agree with the sentiment of the other cartoons.

Sorry I dont think the bible should be taught in public schools. If that's what the first one is implying. I assume it is implying that because kids are allowed to bring bibles to school and read them at their leisure.

However I do agree with the sentiment of the other cartoons.

I think the issue that a lot of people have is that in the name of equality, christianity seems to be down played in schools, and other religions seem to be promoted.

Now this link is a blog....and not the "news"

http://bradleycountynews.wordpress....ts-in-public-school-tolerance-reigns-supreme/

At its heart it brings up an interesting question...if there is a separation of church and state...then you teach ALL.....or you teach NONE.

I think the issue that a lot of people have is that in the name of equality, christianity seems to be down played in schools, and other religions seem to be promoted.

Now this link is a blog....and not the "news"

http://bradleycountynews.wordpress....ts-in-public-school-tolerance-reigns-supreme/

At its heart it brings up an interesting question...if there is a separation of church and state...then you teach ALL.....or you teach NONE.

That's interesting link. May I ask something? Did you find their evidence compelling? Because I didn't.

The title of it made it sound like the Islam stuff was chiseled in stone right in front of the building. But turns out it was just a blurry as shit photo of a poster board on some random wall. I followed the link and the picture is from someone who claims it was from a Facebook friend?

So I went digging on Springfield's school website since the article proclaimed Springfield was proud to love Islam. And I can't find one mention of Islam or Christianity in their clubs, programs, calendar events, or services. I looked through all of the faculty and didn't see one Islamic looking name or person thinking maybe it was some radical teacher's agenda.

So then I went looking for more info on those posters because the article claims there were a bunch of them and all I can find is one other photo and it's completely blurred? WTF? Why would someone intentionally blur them beyond recognition when trying to prove they exist? It screams bullshit to me.

The ONE photo that is halfway decent seriously looks like a school project. I know because I got a 17 year old son and 14 year old daughter... I'm helping them with those friggin' projects every other week haha. My son had to do a poster board on the Crusades for his Honors World History class. Guess what was on it? Catholicism and Islam.

I do agree with your point though - it should be equal across all religions - equally zero. Because if it's all or nothing then we open up the door to all religions right? Scientology, paganism, buddism, Mormonism, etc. As my time as a parent, I've just not witnessed Islam being favored over Christianity. The only time I've seen Islam referenced in school is in regards to world studies. In that case it seems pretty relevant. :confused2:

Of course who the hell knows what California will do at some point.

I think the point of the first cartoon is that if it weren't for the first picture, the second would be unnecessary and irrelevant.

That's interesting link. May I ask something? Did you find their evidence compelling? Because I didn't.

The title of it made it sound like the Islam stuff was chiseled in stone right in front of the building. But turns out it was just a blurry as shit photo of a poster board on some random wall. I followed the link and the picture is from someone who claims it was from a Facebook friend?

So I went digging on Springfield's school website since the article proclaimed Springfield was proud to love Islam. And I can't find one mention of Islam or Christianity in their clubs, programs, calendar events, or services. I looked through all of the faculty and didn't see one Islamic looking name or person thinking maybe it was some radical teacher's agenda.

So then I went looking for more info on those posters because the article claims there were a bunch of them and all I can find is one other photo and it's completely blurred? WTF? Why would someone intentionally blur them beyond recognition when trying to prove they exist? It screams bullshit to me.

The ONE photo that is halfway decent seriously looks like a school project. I know because I got a 17 year old son and 14 year old daughter... I'm helping them with those friggin' projects every other week haha. My son had to do a poster board on the Crusades for his Honors World History class. Guess what was on it? Catholicism and Islam.

I do agree with your point though - it should be equal across all religions - equally zero. Because if it's all or nothing then we open up the door to all religions right? Scientology, paganism, buddism, Mormonism, etc. As my time as a parent, I've just not witnessed Islam being favored over Christianity. The only time I've seen Islam referenced in school is in regards to world studies. In that case it seems pretty relevant. :confused2:

Of course who the hell knows what California will do at some point.

The blog didnt sway me either, but thanks for the info about the schools website.

Just saying how people feel.

I do find it interesting that that the 10 commandments are removed from courthouses (and they are the basis for modern laws). I wonder if people would have the same issues if the 42 laws of Ma'at were up in their stead?

I do believe that at their core...people need spirituality...as that is what helps us determine right from wrong.

Attachments

• maat.jpg
    maat.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 15
The blog didnt sway me either, but thanks for the info about the schools website.

Just saying how people feel.

I do find it interesting that that the 10 commandments are removed from courthouses (and they are the basis for modern laws). I wonder if people would have the same issues if the 42 laws of Ma'at were up in their stead?

I do believe that at their core...people need spirituality...as that is what helps us determine right from wrong.

I can agree with the sentiment of what you said although I don't agree with what you actually said. That doesn't make much sense I know. Haha. There's a lot of things I find wrong about it, but thats really a boring theological discussion that doesn't really belong here. Maybe one evening over some beers. :biglaugh:

Cheers!

Lol...it would be great to have this discussion. Some of my best friends are people that i dont agree with. I respect someone that can carry on a helluva conversation...especially if it is a differing view point.

The beer is on me.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

......at their core...people need spirituality...as that is what helps us determine right from wrong.

I do not think belief in a god is necessary in order to possess morals, ethics and empathy.....

Any more than I believe in "original sin".....

Well let me clarify one thing......for me spirituality is different than religion. Sometimes they are the same thing but usually not. There are some people that I know that a VERY religious...but you can tell at their core....they are not very spiritual.

Well let me clarify one thing......for me spirituality is different than religion. Sometimes they are the same thing but usually not. There are some people that I know that a VERY religious...but you can tell at their core....they are not very spiritual.

I get that, well said. The two are different.

I'd put it cruder probably

"If the only thing motivating someone to not ACT like a POS is where they'll be in the "afterlife", well they are STILL a POS"

I believe that not being a POS comes from within if it's genuine....that's spirituality....

Back