LED H4 headlight

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got around to taking some pics of the LED headlight bulb.....there is bright and then there is low beam....

10995886_10203640288319742_3100954511110060763_n.jpg

and high beam....

11133765_10203640288279741_2424609315285210094_n.jpg

Could you put up a pic from the riders pov please? That looks really bright.

I'll wait for Rider pov pics. Led headlights look super bright when YOU look at THEM, but I haven't seen one that lights the road as well at night.

Here is what we need out of a motorcycle headlight.

Must be vibration proof, led wins, no filaments.
Must draw less power, led wins.
Must be able to last longer, led wins.

More good points on led, they can be cycled or flashed more than regular lamps.
Hid does reach out further, but does not like being on bikes, voltage needs to be constant, plus mounting ballast in buckets.

Overall what decides the headlight eventually is the lens itself, or the reflector.
Projectors are nice, better when they are adjustable.
I may try to fabricate some that are like a theater spotlight, but you can open or close the spot.

A current solution? Headlight with dual or more projectors, wides and spots.

I like this, my bike has dual headlights that someone did before I bought it.. It reminds me of a cheap D battery flash light when driving.. I might need to look into this.. I still need to see what bulbs will fit my lights...

Here is what we need out of a motorcycle headlight.

Must be vibration proof, led wins, no filaments.
Must draw less power, led wins.
Must be able to last longer, led wins.

More good points on led, they can be cycled or flashed more than regular lamps.
Hid does reach out further, but does not like being on bikes, voltage needs to be constant, plus mounting ballast in buckets.

Overall what decides the headlight eventually is the lens itself, or the reflector.
Projectors are nice, better when they are adjustable.
I may try to fabricate some that are like a theater spotlight, but you can open or close the spot.

A current solution? Headlight with dual or more projectors, wides and spots.

Ever since buying a used Cybermax headlight, I have been trying the find lights that will a) fit in back of the Cybermax and b) be bright enough.

I ran across these LED projector lights that are now installed.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=121495069275&view=all&tid=1414801888002

The inside of the light housing is threaded so that the LED cree light's distance is adjustable. The closer the LED is to the glass lens, the wider the beam.

I have not driven the bike yet, as it is still not riding season up my way, but did take the bike outside and the beam looks like it will work.

Let's just say that it is a huge improvement to the lights that were in the Cybermax.

Damn that bulb is expensive.. I was just looking at autozone for the top of the line H4 bulbs, I need 2. It was $56 for 2.. Praying they work better than the ones in my headlights... oh and I broke one yesterday pulling it out to see what type I needed..

so I have run the stock bulb, then upgraded to the silver star, then the white hid. I can say hands down this is way better light, even with the stock reflector. the light is crisper and shows much more detail (im more rural, havent tested it in city lights yet). but hands down miles ahead of hid. plus has a high beam for brighting people!!

I'm in love. worth the expensive price.

here's pics daylight. night phone pic, and night phone pic with low beam from led.
would have done an hid comparison, but the second balast in 3 months died.

**edit** high beam changes the beam enough to be noticed. but the light output isnt much better.

Attachments

• unnamed (5).jpg
    unnamed (5).jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 62
  • unnamed (4).jpg
    unnamed (4).jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 65
  • unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 76
I put in 2 new H4 9003 bulbs I got at Autozone for $55. They seem brighter but I haven't rode it at night yet... I did make the mistake of looking directly into headlights.. Couldn't see right for like 30 minutes...lol They still might need adjusted but I will have to see them at night still. I also got a stock headlight assembly if they still don't do the job, but I will be pissed for paying for those bulbs... I like how yours seems to be working. Is the 2nd picture the high beam...lol

so I have run the stock bulb, then upgraded to the silver star, then the white hid. I can say hands down this is way better light, even with the stock reflector. the light is crisper and shows much more detail (im more rural, havent tested it in city lights yet). but hands down miles ahead of hid. plus has a high beam for brighting people!!

I'm in love. worth the expensive price.

here's pics daylight. night phone pic, and night phone pic with low beam from led.
would have done an hid comparison, but the second balast in 3 months died.

**edit** high beam changes the beam enough to be noticed. but the light output isnt much better.

Silverstar Ultra...
Gives way better lighting than the standard Silverstar, and you don't have to worry about blowing the ballast, cause it is a standard H4 bulb.

Back