M109R thinking of a V-Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been sick along looonnngg time !!no other bike come close to the max (IMPO) I've had plenty of others and sold them off without a tear but when I sold my very first 85' that I bought new I had a tear and now I have 2 first yr gen I 85' and first yr gen II 09' I'm content !! I AM JAMIE AND I AM SICK FOR THE VMAX

I'm shooting for 170 (+) miles once I get my setup complete. I'll have a ~5 gal tank and a OD 5th gear which could possibly reach a realistic near 200 miles between fillups if I can achieve 40 mpg. I probably would only achieve this during long rides as in from home to lower Michigan/ Ontario/ or other long highway rides.

I get 225km to 250km per tank.Here is a pic of my beast.

Attachments

• P1000621.jpg
    P1000621.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 39
Well you kind of can. My turbo busa would easily go 180-200 miles on a tank of fuel.....

If they put a larger tank on the Gen 2, I think that would have sold more people on it.

None the less they are bad ass bikes and in a class of their own.

Todd

I can see 50 busa's ,ninjas, R1s , harleys etc any given weekend out riding since 2009 I have seen 2 Gen2 Vmaxes in Richmond Va area one that I test rode from the yamaha demo truck and 1 a guy in Richmond owns..I will take the 100 mile stop to fill up on gas :eusa_dance:

See thats the difference for me. I will only see 2-5 sport bikes a week and see 100 cruisers if not more. If you parked a gen 2 vmax down town bike night by me not many people would notice ( there are some bad ass custom cruisers ). On the same token they all looked at my turbo bike ( maybe because it was so rude lol )but held their noses up at it if I parked.

At some point I changed from balls out speed to having to have other features to match. I am just lucky I can have both speed and comfort with long distance rides.

I will say I ve never seen a 109r by me ever. The Victory's look pretty bad ass too.

Todd

109r Torque @ RPM: 118 @ 3200

Vmax 113 lbf·ft (153 N·m) @ 6,600 rpm[11]

5 ft lbs isn't enough to make a huge noticeable difference I guess, but 3200 rpm vs 6600 rpm is. Damn thats crazy! But you have all that heft to move on the 109r.

Actually the Max is rated at 123 ft lbs of TQ.......not sure what it makes at 3200 rpm stock, but it makes over 100 at the wheel with a pipe.

I get 225km to 250km per tank.Here is a pic of my beast.
Nice... here's mine:

DSCF0232ReducedSize.jpg

Damn bro, that is one sexy machine!

Maybe I ll hold off on the Speed Triple and start looking at those again.... but damn they aren't cheap either! Post up some more pictures!

Todd
You can pick up a new M109R for around $11,000 out the door from Romney's Cycles in West VA.

Here is what it looks like now, other than the trailer hitch which has been removed:

3.jpg

Here's the new grille and the 160 front tire:

Grille001.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

And, just for fun, here she is on the dyno:

http://s252.photobucket.com/user/1Hyper1/media/IMG_0407.mp4.html

And here is mine

Attachments

• received_m_mid_1391659421598_a902b9f29194c03d27_0.jpeg
    received_m_mid_1391659421598_a902b9f29194c03d27_0.jpeg
    56 KB · Views: 43
I've got a buddy at work who bought a 2013 M109R and he thinks it is the baddest thing. He's insisting we drag race after work one of these nights. I'm pretty sure I'll half track him. Just for fun I'll let him launch first, then I'll blast off.

I've got a buddy at work who bought a 2013 M109R and he thinks it is the baddest thing. He's insisting we drag race after work one of these nights. I'm pretty sure I'll half track him. Just for fun I'll let him launch first, then I'll blast off.
I've been a Suzuki guy most of my life.....but I would take the Max in this race! Do it!

:punk:

Back