Maxlight II

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxinID

Reaction score
I recently purchased the Maxlight II from John at vmaxbitz.com.
I am very pleased with the results.

Although this wire is very basic in design, and could be fabricated by someone with electrical knowledge, I lack that knowledge and therefore purchased one.

It has 2 relays, connectors to the + and - of your battery, a new H4 plug, and 2 connectors that attach to your old H4 plug, an inline fuse along with wire attaching all said parts.

I have installed a Hella 55/100 incandescent bulb with it, as it does not come with a bulb upgrade.

The install only took about 1/2 hour and the results were instant.

My 55w running light is much more defining in its light, and the 100w bright is now like a freight train headlight on the front of my bike, very bright and reaches out quite far and to the sides of the road.

Overall I give it a thumbs up, although anyone with a bit of electrical background could easily fabricate this product.

Attachments

• Maxlight%20II.jpg
    Maxlight%20II.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
I need a better head light too...

Way to many deer runnin around here at night, I don't want to hit another one.
How much did he charge you for it?

I've made relayed harnesses for a few of my cars when I switched them from sealed beam to H4 setups. I really should make one for my max. I'm guessing they (vmaxbitz) used 2 relays in the order of one for the main beam and one for the high beam. Not a bad idea.

Your welcome,

I'm glad you posted this though, I went and checked it out, not really cheap at around 100 Can.

I think most people here feel the same way about the stock light. In the city it's ok due to all the other lights, but it you live in a rural area it just sucks.

Has any made an alternative to this ? I'm always trying to find the cheapest way out. I really don't want a 7'' light either.

I'd be interested in hearing about it a mod for this.

Your welcome,

I'm glad you posted this though, I went and checked it out, not really cheap at around 100 Can.

I think most people here feel the same way about the stock light. In the city it's ok due to all the other lights, but it you live in a rural area it just sucks.

Has any made an alternative to this ? I'm always trying to find the cheapest way out. I really don't want a 7'' light either.

Sucks is a large understatement... :bang head:

High beam is nearly useless... I'm am so used to the power of my other bikes twin H3's... I can damn near see into the future with those...:thumbs up:

Your welcome,

I got my relay from Eastern Beaver. Around $50 shipped. Very well made and easy to install.
http://www.easternbeaver.com/Home/Main/main.html

Joe

You can build this for less than $15 with the headlight relays from a Dodge Neon. Also install a Silverstar Ultra bulb and you can light up a stadium!!! If you are interested in the wiring diagram contact me via email: [email protected]

Cheers,
Jim Rodgers
VMOA# 4046
Western Ontario Chapter Leader:rocket bike:

Back