Mirrors

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to check and make sure what I can still get. I believe the latest versions of these are chromed. They are inexpensive ($45) so you can always throw them away and get another set if they rust up on you.

I do have the gen 2 vmax type mirrors as well. I think they are pictured in the mirror comparison pics I attached.

Also, Billet is loosely used anymore by many places. These are probably cast and then machined for the final profile. A true billet mirror is expensive and I do have a few available (though don't normally stock them).

I have the black arrowheads on my personal bike (seen in the bottom left of the black mirrors pic).

How functional are those for you Sean? Can you see as much at least as the stock ones? Less the elbows of course..... :eusa_dance:

Pic 2:
On Left From Top to Bottom:
$25 - "Lil" Cruiser (shorter and smaller head then Vmax)
$36 - Vstar (slightly shorter stem then Vmax)
$46 - Billet - Long Stem
$46 - Billet - Short Stem

On Right From Top to Bottom
$42 - XJ6 (Duplicate to FJR and XJ6 mirror)
$26 - Die Cast (mirror can move anywhere along the stem)
$36 - Vmax Replica's (duplicate to OEM mirror)

Pic 3:
On Left From Top to Bottom:
$15 - Trimline
$14 - Deluxe GP
$40 - Arrowhead

On Right From Top to Bottom
OEM for comparison in size
$16 - Roadhawk
$11 - GP Sport

I saw some nice ones recently on ebay. Seller was mentioning that they were forged. Not cheap (80+) depending on models but still cheaper than branded rizoma.

I can look for the link if someone is interested.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I've got the Oberon Bar end mirrors. For the price they are a good deal. They are really good quality.

The arrowheads work well enough for me. I trimmed a little bit off the edges where the stem and base meet to allow it to swing a little lower. The thing I also like is being able to quickly lift the mirror to get some parking lot clearance and then simply drop it back down when ready.

I ran a set of eBay, inexpensive, bar ends for a few years. Then I switched over to this one.

vsf.JPG

e06d.jpg

I run the barend style (Ebay Hong Kong) like KJ has but mount them on some custom Cycle One Off barends that I had Tom make up for me. The mirrors are on the smallish side but I can see just fine and finally can see behind me w/o having to tuck my elbow in just to see. They are vibration free except for a small range between 4500-5000 rpm's, but normally don't spend much time in that rpm range anyway. Oh, and I have aluminum motor mounts.
I have some recent pictures on my drive at home that I'll post later.

The arrow mirrors Sean mentioned are what I have on my bike as well. I find them to work really well, the only thing that takes a little getting used to at first is the fact they vibrate a little at certain RPMs unlike my stockers.

The Oberon bar ends don't Vibrate and my cousin tested them to 160 mph and they don't move.

I need to check and make sure what I can still get. I believe the latest versions of these are chromed. They are inexpensive ($45) so you can always throw them away and get another set if they rust up on you.

I do have the gen 2 vmax type mirrors as well. I think they are pictured in the mirror comparison pics I attached.

Also, Billet is loosely used anymore by many places. These are probably cast and then machined for the final profile. A true billet mirror is expensive and I do have a few available (though don't normally stock them).

I have the black arrowheads on my personal bike (seen in the bottom left of the black mirrors pic).

Sean I like the mirrors that are in the first pic, mounted on the bike. They look well made. Can you get these and how much ? NO PLASTIC please.

Here's the newest style I'm using
These are Arlen Ness Flame style but they're not cheap. I believe they were like $89 ea but were a Christmas present.
e7a2adyg.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5✨

Last edited:
they are the billet long i think (maybe short) shoot me an email

Here are my bar ends, I wanted to keep everything low and was tired of moving my elbows to see behind (but now I have to turn my head)
IMAG1481.jpg

and, hey... I resemble that remark :biglaugh:

Incredibal bike guy, never seen a max like it. Knowing there are 4 carbs on the max, how do you make due with three velocity stacks and what do you do when it rains ?

I think those just feed a stock filter and cut stock air box.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

That is a cool instrument panel. What are all the buttons, etc?

That is a cool instrument panel. What are all the buttons, etc?

Most of it is a Vapor Stealth with dashboard lights
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=9900&page=2

The extra switches are for the fan and ignition advance (not sure if this works but I love the placebo effect)

Underneath those "stacks" is a stock(ish) airbox - theres an opening through the bottom of the airfilter and I've also replaced the rubber trumpets with metal stacks
P1090423.JPG

Back