More Than 2 dozen Harley Riders crash on I-5 in Oregon

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have to question that they were actually riding in a proper staggered formation. If you actually allow 2 seconds between you and the bike in front of you it would take almost 30 seconds to take out 30 bikes. Just a thought.

I would have to question that they were actually riding in a proper staggered formation. If you actually allow 2 seconds between you and the bike in front of you it would take almost 30 seconds to take out 30 bikes. Just a thought.

They were running 2 a breast @ 70MPH.... :bang head:

Shitty brakes....shitty suspension.....shitty drivers. 'Nuff said.

Wow, 20+ bikes going down at once. I heard them mention a fatality in the first video but in the second they said there were only 2 people in critical care. I hope they were wrong in the first video. What a sad day for their club. I send out my best wishes for a speedy and successful recovery to all the riders and their bikes.

There's prolly a lot of unanswered questions here...#1-Why did that SUV driver slam on the brakes at 70 mph? :confused2:

Sounds like the riders weren't following protocol, prolly too close together, prolly too close to the SUV.

The investigators will sort that all out....but, what a tragedy for all those riders!! I sure hope everyone pulls through, physically and mentally!!

Bizarre to think that number 10 or 12 didn't have time to avoid the pile-up, not to mention number 30!!!????!!

Boy, that's lousy...

I hear ya Jim, in all their videos most of them were riding side by side in a long group. If they were riding properly it probably only involved a few of them or none. Pretty arrogant of them to ride in that long of a group with little or no concern for the traffic around them. Not unlike a herd mentality, first lemming goes over the cliff the others have no choice but to follow.

+1 for shitty brakes and suspension....

I did some "work" (replaced the battery) for a friend recently. While he's a great guy, he falls right into the H-D rider stereotype. Doesn't know a thing about the bike and paid $15k for a used softail.

Anyway, he asked me to go test drive it to make sure it was working right. I told him that it really should be fine but he insisted.... Other than the overall piss-poor craftsmanship we all expect from a H-D, the one thing that stood out to me was the brakes. The front had a single disc and 2pot caliper. I could squeeze the handle as hard as I could and not even come close to locking the wheel. The rear wasn't a whole lot better. I was amazed at how long it took me to stop, even in "panic" mode. I had to leave about 3x the space I'm used to on my Max to stop. It also had this neat feature where the entire lower half of the fork vibrates and shudders when you apply the front brake hard. Niiiice. And they only got worse at speed. I was amazed at how poor the brakes were. I've ridden old bikes with dual drums that stopped far better than that pos. Not to mention it was incapable of spinning the rear tire with a roll-on. I was afraid to do a rev-and-dump because I figured it would probably break. H-D sucks.

How much you want to bet the two critically injured ones were wearing jeans, a t-shirt, and a "beanie" helmet?

They ride like that because they have to make a statement!!
Well they did::: Stupid is as stupid does. But I`m sure that they will find a way to blame someone else.
They`ll remember next time.
<<Dave>>:punk:

Latest posts

Back