Motorcycle Lift

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deekjx

Reaction score
I'm looking into getting something like this http://www.amazon.com/Torin-T64017-1500-Motorcycle-Jack/dp/B000CODPFG/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1337267428&sr=8-5.

There are a couple of questions I have about these types of lifts.

1) can I safely lift my bike with them even though my exhaust is the only part making contact with the lift? I don't want damage to the cylinders because I lifted the bike by the exhaust.

2) what lifts do you recommend? I can't get this exact lift because my exhaust's lowest point is 4" from the ground and this thing has a minimum clearance of 5.125"

Thanks in advance for your help.

I asked the same question last year and everyone said it should be OK, and I use mine quite a bit and have had no problems at all.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 49
You can lift it on the exhausts with no problem as long as the full system is bolted, i wouldn't do it if you have the headers loose. If you are worried get some wooden crossbars to gain height and lift it by the frame. I have one exactly the same.

I have seen some low profile ones which is what you need, saw them on CL. Have you id'ed any specific manufacturer? Sears reps for a lot of manufacturers now, check online. You can always use wood cribbing to catch a different part of the bike to lift it.

You can place a couple of 2x4s accross so that your frame rests on them instead of lifting by the exhaust.

Deej, you'll be fine. I've lifted via the oil pan too eith a piece of wood between it and the jack. Some of these lifts have eyelets or hooks to attach racheting straps to so it increases stability and safety. My only suggestion is get one with the biggest footprint available in your price range. Of course I got a table lift but I'm looking to upgrade that by going bigger.
PATMAX

Latest posts

Back