mountains of wnc

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ncdoc0623414

Reaction score
anyone live in the mountains of wnc i just bought my max and was curious if anyone was around these parts i live right beside where hwy 28 turn for deals gap is just outside of bryson city nc

Welcome to the forum.

There is usually 2 -3 trips to Deals Gap every year for a group of Maxxers. This year it is scheduled for May and August. Keep up with the rides section and you'll be amazed how many show up and how many can really ride Hwy. 28 The Tail is usually too crowded or patrolled to open 'er up.

One of our own ( vmax nc , from N.C. ) , just dyno'ed just over 200 H.P. in Fla. at bike week with his long rod Gen I He also can ride it at the Tail !!!!

well considering the second time i have gotten to take my max out for more than a trip to town or work was last weekend and the carb screwed up its got a sticky float, i was more interested in finding someone local who might wanna ride a bit not really on the tail necessarily. and or also somebody more knowledgeable about the workings of my max than i am who could help me work out the bugs in this thing. at 30,000 miles and it being a 95 im not sure whats going to need attention. this is the first v4 ive owned i know my little gs450 i used to have was in need of a topend rebuild well b4 it reached half this many miles.

Congratulations on your Vmax, I live between Boone and Blowing Rock right off the Blue Ridge Parkway about 4 hours from Deals Gap. I try to make it down there 3 or 4 times a year. Like to go during the weekdays rather than weekends, to many wantobes and cops………….

Back