My 1985 PCW restoration monkeying

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Monkeying!

Looking good ! I expect to see some time slips when the snow clears for yall.

Yeah, me to Matt. I need someone to go racing with me.:eusa_dance: on grudge nights, I can beat 85% of the crotch bikes. I need you to beat the other 15%'. Vmax takes over lancaster

HAHA if you show me what to do!!! i suck at draging bikes! im better in my truck lol. I got beat one year on my FZR1000 some dude had a banshee with a GSXR 1000 engine in it!!! i spun tire threw second gear :(. I was actually gonna have you take it down the stip because im very curious on what it does!!!

Bring 'em over this way boys! We need a bigger Max presence at Lebanon Valley Speedway....Zack (Meanmax) is representing well (reigning motorcycle track champ) but I'm sure some 'brothers' would be more than welcome!

And of course, me 'n the local Max's would show up too! :punk:

Bring 'em over this way boys! We need a bigger Max presence at Lebanon Valley Speedway....Zack (Meanmax) is representing well (reigning motorcycle track champ) but I'm sure some 'brothers' would be more than welcome!

And of course, me 'n the local Max's would show up too! :punk:

Danny where abouts you live?? sometime this summer id like to take a weekend ride to my brothers just outside Hamilton and maybe run into PCW to meet john.

Danny where abouts you live?? sometime this summer id like to take a weekend ride to my brothers just outside Hamilton and maybe run into PCW to meet john.

I'm not sure if the where abouts of BRC is for public knowledge. I've never been, but I've heard talk of guard dogs/cats and numerous booby traps :2gunsfiring_v1:. I believe it's somewhat like the bat cave. I think with the push of a button a bolder rolls out of the way, and bushes open to reveal the actual location. I heard something about being Monkey proof. :eusa_dance::rofl_200:

I'm not sure if the where abouts of BRC is for public knowledge. I've never been, but I've heard talk of guard dogs/cats and numerous booby traps :2gunsfiring_v1:. I believe it's somewhat like the bat cave. I think with the push of a button a bolder rolls out of the way, and bushes open to reveal the actual location. I heard something about being Monkey proof. :eusa_dance::rofl_200:
I believe what you say is true. Minus the monkey-proof part!

Thanks to Sean I got a muscle kit, chroming getting don't on modified fwd control because of welded heal shifter ( which is amazing!), and blue galfer braided real line. Made of with a really good deal! Awesome guy!

Silicone lines before...
uploadfromtaptalk1362536838657.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1362536872601.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1362536886931.jpg

After!!!!! Very very happy with looks and fit.

uploadfromtaptalk1362536921556.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1362536941539.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1362536959111.jpg

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

Painted a bunch at work today.. both Nissin masters, headlight bucket, luggage rack brackets, and triple tree. I use Napa Sherwin Williams crossfire single stage urethane enamel
. This stuff is amazing. This isn't even buffed!!! I used a preval spray gun kit too.. couple runs but after sanding she will look nice!!!

uploadfromtaptalk1364063067535.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1364063102801.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1364063121544.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1364063142755.jpg

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

My opinion you CAN'T get the same finish from powder coating as you can w/ paint. Parts look great donnelly

My whole bike is painted with Napa crossfire single stage.. its great stuff! I didn't even have to buff the bike when we painted it! I painted this stuff with this preval gun its like a spray can but u can use 3 part paint. the paint just flows so nice!

http://www.preval.com/what-is-preval

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I have had great results with powdercoating but had to polish the item with a quality polish and power buffer to do it. My side covers on my 68 Triumph 650 look almost 3 dimensional. Like a black mirror! The powdercoating was professionally done, not a home unit so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Nice looking paint Matt! I used a similar system (may have been Preval...:confused2:) to do a Ford 8N tractor many years ago and it came out like new!

How long does the aerosol last? Probly want a bunch standing by when doing larger parts, eh?

Yea there still was some left but plenty persay to do a whole bike... I filled the jar 2 1/2 times still had some left..

Back