my new project

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mymax04

Reaction score
I have been waiting to do this for 2 years... Thanks to Quarter Horse for your inspiration!!!!

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 209
yep I followed that thread all the way thru & it had alot of people interested in the final product & it didnt disappoint me at all... I actually seen him on it at a bike night in Des Moines.... I dont know much about what makes it an XJ or an XS (build date and size?) this ones just a little XJ550 but it was clean when I got it.... Like I said Ive wanted to do it for a long time & my girlfriend has always wanted a bike so this was the perfect excuse to buy one & the pretty much have to bob it cuz shes so short!!! This ones a chain drive so I brought it to work with me today & im gonna get it set up to figure out a stance,,, Might stretch it just a couple inces, not sure yet. Wonderin if I can make lowering blocks foe the forks... I have them slid up right now But I dont wanna have to have them slid up that far... joined the XJ forum, but I dont like change & I will always come here first

Easy to make the lowering blocks for internal drop (the better route). The XJ series is the inline 4's. The XS was the 2 and 3 cylinders and had a few 4's but not many. Many of the XJ parts will swap with other XJ's so you could probably source a radian 600 and swap the engine out and get more power. OR, find a seca turbo donor bike and swap the turbo parts over and get a LOT more power. Should be a fairly simple swap and I can probably help you with it.

Sean

Nice project on the run:clapping:

Good luck and keep posting:worthy:

I`l start my new project this week-end:eusa_dance:

regards:punk:

Easy to make the lowering blocks for internal drop (the better route). The XJ series is the inline 4's. The XS was the 2 and 3 cylinders and had a few 4's but not many. Many of the XJ parts will swap with other XJ's so you could probably source a radian 600 and swap the engine out and get more power. OR, find a seca turbo donor bike and swap the turbo parts over and get a LOT more power. Should be a fairly simple swap and I can probably help you with it.

Sean

that same comment caught my attention when you told Horse that in his thread (turbo).... its gonna be my GFs first bike so probly wont let me but it sure would be kool

Lowering blocks is what I was hoping for....getting ready to walk across the street & have the two rear pieces, that the wheel will slide in to for chain adjustment, cut on the water jet

PS it sounds sooooo much better with those mufflers off of it. wish I had a 4-1 for it:ummm:...
It had a baffle? under it like a cat so I took it off cut the center out and welded it shut...I was bored just messin around at work.... probly need tomake an H pipe to connect them back together.... not sure how important savenging will be since Im not goin for power & its an in line oppsed to a v motor... I know I know this thread is worthless wo pics.. Ill get these pieces cut & take some more then.... I still have to get it outta the truck... been busy this mornin

tryin to figure out the whole stance thing is tough.... its for sure gonna be a rough rider... Ive got the forks slid up a good 3 inches... waitin on the two pieces to get done.... I kinda wished I would have just used the swing arm & brought 2 1" tubes down but I thought this would be the "right" way to do it...

Dropped the swing arm off and the drawings of what I wanted at noon today and he called me at 5 and said they were done.... He let me know that the water jet was booked for 4 days but liked doin custom stuff like this so he went ahead and got them done... They are freakin perfect.... The keepers are loose on the old swing arm. They match the new ends with absolutly no play and aren't to tight either.
Got the stance figured out (I think) and chopped the back end off... I'll take my iPad to work w me 2morrow so 8 can take come pics of my amature build... I know there will be a better way, always is but I'll learn from it and pass it on.. For sure more pics to come

Screw it.. I gotta do it from my work computer... I can't figure out how to do it from the pad... Sean they are on my fb Garry Haley if you got a sec to see them

Last edited:
got the pics uploaded

Attachments

• bike3.jpg
    bike3.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 54
  • bike6.jpg
    bike6.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 47
  • bike 1.jpg
    bike 1.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 45
  • bike 2.jpg
    bike 2.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 54
  • bike 5.jpg
    bike 5.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 644529_4178534355095_1573837871_n.jpg
    644529_4178534355095_1573837871_n.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 46
more pics.. gotta find some time to go to the other side of town to pick up a seat so the progress can continue

Attachments

• bike 10.jpg
    bike 10.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 46
  • bike 9.jpg
    bike 9.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 48
  • bike 11.jpg
    bike 11.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 54
thanks, we r both excited to get it road worthy b4 winter comes... I think this year is gonna be a long cold one... plenty of time to tear it down & make it pretty for her

yep, for sure... its a small bike to begin with. but she couldnt touch the ground comfortably. I made some signifigant changes with the parts that were on the bike in its original form... I moved the top shock mount on the rear & it dropped it like 2 inches & had the front forks slid up like 4... she still wassnt comfortable on it so I pretty much have it sitting on the ground & imo it looks freakin sweet.. drag bars helped a bunch too (on looks)... called in a favor & my buddy has a corbin bobber style seat (hope it works) but I gotta find a chance to go look at it... its free so Ill make it work somehow.. I still have alot of wiring to delete or keep. she just wants to get some riding in on it b4 the snow flys... hell I wanna ride it.. Its only a 550 but just takin the mufflers off & individual filters... wo any carb work, really made it sound exciting & like it might actually have some balls. I smile as I think about it cuz I know its gonna be a fun little bike. so anyway ya, bobber seat & maybe a short little fender

Back