Naked Redbone

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think when it comes to helmets, you get what you pay for. I have had no issues with mine lifting. I have an Arai and a Scorpion EXO-700.

Chris
+1, I have worn a shoei, Fulmer and currently wear a Vemar. The shoei had a small air dam at the bottom and prevented lifting. The fulmer was a mediocre, flip up helmet and noisy. The Vemar is a extremely quiet helmet, well made, and does not lift. It has a quick release buckle, I normally perfer d rings, that works very well and appears very strong. I really like this helmet and it has a 5 year warranty. The Vemar is so quiet I don't wear my ear plugs except for very long rides (150+ miles). If your looking for a new helmet you might want to give the Vemar brand a look.

Read 4gasem's post #7 in this thread about Brittney Morrow...the wind will pull some shit on you every once in awhile!

I've got a fly screen on the '99 and a miniIII with Laminar Lip on the '06 and just won't ride without them.

My jacket has zipper vents in the bicep area and 90% of the time everything's fine....but once in awhile, behind the fly screen, a 'rogue gust' will come from a different direction and that jacket will fill up like a parachute!! If I was totally relaxed, going about 90, something like that could cause a problem.

I know, you shouldn't be relaxed going 90......I'm just saying...:biglaugh:

danny

Read 4gasem's post #7 in this thread about Brittney Morrow...the wind will pull some shit on you every once in awhile!

I've got a fly screen on the '99 and a miniIII with Laminar Lip on the '06 and just won't ride without them.

My jacket has zipper vents in the bicep area and 90% of the time everything's fine....but once in awhile, behind the fly screen, a 'rogue gust' will come from a different direction and that jacket will fill up like a parachute!! If I was totally relaxed, going about 90, something like that could cause a problem.

I know, you shouldn't be relaxed going 90......I'm just saying...:biglaugh:

danny
That is a soibering story that all should read. I had a gust of wind hit me in a corner and it reduced my down pressure on the inside grip so I had to pull back on the outside grip to keep my line. It was a little disconcerting at 90 mph on a long uphill sweeper that has some pavement malformations in the middle half of the corner.
Yep Danny, the wind can be tricky sometimes.

I used to ride with just a Tshirt in hot weather, but now have a good mesh jacket and ride with it every time I get on the bike in warm weather. Also good Shoei helmet, gloves and boots. My old Vmax had a flyscreen on it and it made a difference to me. My present Vmax doesn't have one on it, but will before too long. I've looked around for prices and thought they were a little high for that small of a screen. Does anyone have any suggestions on places that would have a better price on them.

GP

Latest posts

Back