Need some advice !!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mckzx9

Reaction score
My wife just got her mc license this past weekend. She is 5'0 110 #'s. I'm looking for a bike that would fit her that is at least 500cc's or larger. She is petite so I need to find a bike that is low to the ground and not super heavy. I'm sure some of your wives drive bikes just looking for a starting point. She doesn't want a sport bike like a ninja ect. She likes more of the cruiser type.
Thanks in advance for your help!!!!!!

Iron 883, you can put some mini apes on them and tilt them back for her. Some look pretty good.

Iron 883, you can put some mini apes on them and tilt them back for her. Some look pretty good.

Sorry I didn't specify I'm not a Harley fan at all and will never buy one for me or my wife lol. I don't hate them just not my cup of tea. And I'm afraid my wife will get the Harley attitude and not want to ride with me anymore on my vmax. Lmfao :rofl_200:

Keep her away from a lowered Gen II Vmax, unless you want her outrunning you before long......[sigh]

Other than that, I'd say it's time you took her down to a couple stealerships and let her sit on a few bikes to 'size her up' and get ideas on what you could be looking for.

Keep in mind: The only way to slow down a Vmax is to buy your wife her own bike. You will be waiting on her at times. (until she sits on that first Gen II)

SANY1207.jpg

0521111055-00.jpg

This is my wife, Shala, pictured with her bikes.

Keep her away from a lowered Gen II Vmax, unless you want her outrunning you before long......[sigh]

Other than that, I'd say it's time you took her down to a couple stealerships and let her sit on a few bikes to 'size her up' and get ideas on what you could be looking for.

Keep in mind: The only way to slow down a Vmax is to buy your wife her own bike. You will be waiting on her at times. (until she sits on that first Gen II)

Lol I already tried telling her I would lower my gen 1 for her so I could get a gen 2 but she wasn't hearing it lol. I am going to bring her to a stealership next week. A lot of dealers are doing 0% intest for 5 years so she may get a new bike lol. I wanted to put her on a small 250 so she could practice this season but she doesn't want to hear it lol.
I was just seeing if some of you had past experience with smaller bikes.
And yes I'm glad she will slow me down I've been getting silly lately and without radials I'm nervous at 130+. She always ride with me so I'm also a good boy when she is onboard. :biglaugh:

Honda Shadow VLX 600. Light, low seat height, rider friendly, shaft drive, bullet proof engine. Excellent bike that has some power when needed. Can pick them up cheap too!!!

a kawi 500 vulcan is a good lil learner bike. light n easy to handle. prolly find one pretty cheap too. a honda 500 shadow would be a nice one too.

Lol I already tried telling her I would lower my gen 1 for her so I could get a gen 2 but she wasn't hearing it lol. I am going to bring her to a stealership next week. A lot of dealers are doing 0% intest for 5 years so she may get a new bike lol. I wanted to put her on a small 250 so she could practice this season but she doesn't want to hear it lol.
I was just seeing if some of you had past experience with smaller bikes.
And yes I'm glad she will slow me down I've been getting silly lately and without radials I'm nervous at 130+. She always ride with me so I'm also a good boy when she is onboard. :biglaugh:
If she's 5foot you will never get yer genI low enough for her.I would suggest a Yamaha Vstar 650 or a Vstar 1100.Both are nice low cruiser's.Or may be even a Raider!! If she can reach the controls:biglaugh:

Depends on price,any of the bikes mentioned could work.is it just me,harleys don't go faster,they just get louder.I was thinking about a 96ish s1 till I rode a firebolt.my pitbike pulls harder.lol

Rebel 450

About 40hp, 6-speed

Specs here

41473556_856f858ebd_190.jpg

Try boulevard ls 40 its a 650 single my wife loves hers

Suzuki also used to market that same model under the name 650 Savage. They are good little bikes and if she ever decides she wants something bigger you can keep it and get one of the sweet aftermarket cafe kits they make for them.

Surprised no one said Suzuki SV650, a great twin w/good handling & easy to use, but enough fun for you to borrow & enjoy. It doesn't have enough power to make her scared unless she pins the throttle the first time she uses it, and doesn't back-off.
http://www.suzukicycles.org/SV-series/SV650-SV650S.shtml

Here's one 'naked':

And one w/a half-fairing (same year):

She won't outgrow this as her skills grow too. Much better than a 500 or 450 for longer-term ownership. They can be found reasonably-priced too.
A quick check on ebay shows a range of $2K-$<$5K.

Surprised no one said Suzuki SV650, a great twin w/good handling & easy to use, but enough fun for you to borrow & enjoy. It doesn't have enough power to make her scared unless she pins the throttle the first time she uses it, and doesn't back-off.
http://www.suzukicycles.org/SV-series/SV650-SV650S.shtml

Here's one 'naked':

And one w/a half-fairing (same year):

She won't outgrow this as her skills grow too. Much better than a 500 or 450 for longer-term ownership. They can be found reasonably-priced too.
A quick check on ebay shows a range of $2K-$<$5K.

I've always had sport bikes R1's gsxr's zx9 cbr's she hated them all. This is why I got another vmax. I got the cruiser look and comfort for her and still enough speed to keep the blood pumping. She doesn't want a sport bike at all. She's into the cruiser look. I wish vmax had a 5 or 600 cc bike cause it would be a no brainier lol.

I've always had sport bikes R1's gsxr's zx9 cbr's she hated them all. This is why I got another vmax. I got the cruiser look and comfort for her and still enough speed to keep the blood pumping. She doesn't want a sport bike at all. She's into the cruiser look. I wish vmax had a 5 or 600 cc bike cause it would be a no brainier lol.

The SV650 is more of a standard in seating position than a sportbike. It doesn't have the 'sit up & beg' seating position of a cruiser, true, but is more comfortable than a sportbike. But ya gotta please the missus...:worthy:

If ya gotta have a cruiser, what about a Ducati Indiana?

http://www.motorcycleclassics.com/classic-italian-motorcycles/ducati-indiana.aspx

Years produced: 1986-1987
Claimed power: 53hp (claimed), 43hp (period test)
Top speed: 121mph (period test)
Engine type: 649cc air-cooled SOHC 90-degree V-twin
Transmission: 5-speed
Weight: 453lb (wet)
MPG: 40-45 (avg.)
Price then: $4,295
Price now: $1,000-$3,000

Read more: http://www.motorcycleclassics.com/classic-italian-motorcycles/ducati-indiana.aspx#ixzz20w8XeUYO

Back