New Megasquirt version

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not well for me, I was out;

2 engines
a falicon crank
corillo rods
weisco pistons
Dual stage NOS system
t3 turbo
MRE airshifter
racing trans
2 gas tanks
a front end
fiberglass promod body
MSD2 ignition
misc air tools and other tools turned up missing
and thats just from the top of my head.
He admitted to stealing a bunch of things around the house.
All and all the total is over $12k

But hey, can't do shit about it now, insurance on a 1980 bike that's dissasembled is next to nothing.
I still have a nice chrome-powdercoated 1980 XS1100LG frame in my basement. :)

Thats one of the reasons I ended up buying the Vmax. It was actually cheaper to get a new bike than it was to find another XS tear it apart and start over.

He ended up comitting 7 felonies (stole a car, a credit card, drained a bank account at an ATM, breaking an entering to steal money, and other shit) so it was off to Juvenile jail he went until he was 18.

Then he left the state to go live with his father and attend WyoTech. I thought that might be a good second chance for him, but apparantly not. Last I heard he didn't finish school and went back to jail and is now working on a farm.
Ouch!

Nice scamp he is.

But a falicon crank? Jezz I would throw him to the lake :biglaugh:

This was the setup I bought. I bought it off eBay back in '04. What I was working on St. Paul Island. I would buy stuff and send it here in Fairbanks. It wasn't until 06' that I realized what had happened to my XS.
I looking for set to buy locally but I think Im broke till the next year :)
2010 budget is closed :bang head:

Here is the setup I just picked up from an ZX6
Cool.
But they have something very good which is dificult to copy.
Manifold injector inside rounding(hope i spelled that properly).
Little more complicated manifold I guess.

Those first gsxr 750 TB's were similar.
But those are also non separate casting.
Maybe thats help, stock v-max carbs are 100mm C-to-C along left -right relation.

I do not quite understand what the problem is? in-boost controls its control unit. well, let him remain. There must be solutions to enable in-boost for 3000 and 6000? but this is an extreme case. y megaskvirta there is emergency exits, what is the problem of their use? they have the opportunity to control 2 map on the ignition and fuel (in-boost switched on and off) I do not quite understand why the problem? and yes, Przemek, I only thought about the standard. me and him is quite enough:)

Yes but, the v-boost will change the vaccum. CV carbs can regulate the vaccum but EFI can not.
Unless you will use second map that might work, but still, i dont think
it will work properly.

Or something lke YCC-T can be used.

But as always i could be wrong Alex :)

Hello, Przemek:)
there's not very difficult. have a table, which relies on speed, throttle position and vacuum. it all turns out. just skate a full table of hard-lot provisions. easier to open a skate-boost and a table. and close-in boost and skate. so it will be faster. but, in principle, and one is enough. the second is needed when using nitrous oxide, high pressure fuel and so on. but we too can tap into. no fundamentally it:)
Mandatory 2 used in the configuration without the MAP sensor (no gauge vacuum). but such use is not quite right. then there will be more and the ignition is not correct. Such a configuration commonly used in racing versions. before the start of the correction is performed on weather, fuel, temperature and forth:) for daily operation is inconvenient and unnecessary.

AFR table and the table of correction - a 3-dimensional axis .1 .2-speed shaft, throttle position. 3-axis vacuum. Everything will work. does not even work out there - leave lc always work. He quickly corrects the mixture. but it is bad . no lc so long live. it is not necessary. once built a table and everything took off. simple oxygen sensor gentle. fear strikes, overheating, fuel additive, a sudden chill, oil, sealant, and so on

Hey Alex

By second map you will control only the fuel, only.
CV carb also controls the vaccum by automatic controled slide on diaphram.

I now that such a confing is used in racing but they also drive diffrent there :)
For road use only you may feel a LAG in the lower rpms.

Pretty every modern engine runs with second butterflies or electronicly controlled throttle or IAC valve or so.

Its very hard to obtain good response at lower rpms and perfect peak power
with large, single butterfly throttle body.
Especially with V engines, where the cylinder heads "out of synch" is a naturally aspirated fenomena that V engines provides.

Of course IM NOT A EFI GURU. Im just learning.
Most part I know comes from reading books and gathering info for the internet.

All right. that's how you define it, you drive slow or accelerate? as determined by the load? in a vacuum. when called to-boost, the vacuum is weaker. Map it adjusts the fuel supply. in fact everything. I did not understand the problem. : (

I think with a little flap small turnover regulation is better. precisely. when a large turnover and a large gas-opens in the boost. also the most high-throttle. I think so-right. I have my max so I will do.

I think with a little flap small turnover regulation is better. precisely. when a large turnover and a large gas-opens in the boost. also the most high-throttle. I think so-right. I have my max so I will do.

Its all good my friend.
I hope you will make it with no problems :punk:

Let us know now the results!

Its all good my friend.
I hope you will make it with no problems :punk:

Let us know now the results!

bad you were not feminine: (you do not love me .... I'll leave to you: (
it's anecdote. came to the young family mother of the bride. week live, two, three ... and the old lady quite harmful.
Here is how once a young man comes into the kitchen and saw that the old woman took out a pot of borsch fridge and walks into the pan in the toilet. husband and says: * Mom, what are you doing? *. the old lady says: * evil you are not good. You do not love me. I'll leave you to *.....

LOL

Borsh - Barszcz here in PL :)

Its not about that, Im not leaving.
I just think conversation about TB's size is pointless until You will start the engine and we will know the results.

Wildbros guys using the 42mm single butterfly throttle body :)
They did remove the v-boost tho.

Did you seen thier site?
http://www.wildbros.com/EFI.html

Good news.
The 36-1 wheels for You are on the way to me.
I should get them in this week :punk:

Walbo INSIDE TANK pumps:

GSS340, GSS341, GSS342, F20000169 - 255 l/h at 6,5 bar

GSS242, GSS250, GSS278, GSS307, GSS315, GSS317 - 190 and 255 l/h at 5,7 i 6,5 bar

Walbro external:

GCL392, GCL394, GCL611, GCL620 - 190 and 255 l/h at 6,5 bar

easiest to navigate on the power. must be sufficient for 180-200 hp. here is performance. on the idea of having horses, 200 can shove around 400 km per hour. suppose will drive motorcycle 400 kilometers per hour. he can spend in the worst case (consumption of 25 liters per 100 km) 100 liters of take stock in half. are supposed to be 150 liters Performance hvatat.tem more we need a working pressure of 3 pounds, not 6. on the idea of 150 kgs, this is a crazy stock. simply more powerful fuel pump, the more he eats electricity. . But its so little: (I invented something like this. But this snapshot. Must be calculated.

gasoline pump inside the tank-cooled gasoline, is not afraid to air in the system. petrol pump outside is easier to mount, easier to maintain. I imagine for the experiment will be put outside. If everything is working correctly, I will then install an internal one. he was always accurate and reliable.

easiest to navigate on the power. must be sufficient for 180-200 hp. here is performance. on the idea of having horses, 200 can shove around 400 km per hour. suppose will drive motorcycle 400 kilometers per hour. he can spend in the worst case (consumption of 25 liters per 100 km) 100 liters of take stock in half. are supposed to be 150 liters Performance hvatat.tem more we need a working pressure of 3 pounds, not 6. on the idea of 150 kgs, this is a crazy stock. simply more powerful fuel pump, the more he eats electricity. . But its so little: (I invented something like this. But this snapshot. Must be calculated.

Pretty any fuel pump from EFI bike can be used :)

Check out the Wildbros, they used Walbro inside fuel pump. One of those i listed.

Back