New Megasquirt version

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmm, if you were to scuff the lower 1/2" of the inside on each end that would improve the grip. wouldn't it? or would it mess things up too bad. On the samae concept, how about knurling the manifolds to provide a better grip for the hoses.

hmm, if you were to scuff the lower 1/2" of the inside on each end that would improve the grip. wouldn't it? or would it mess things up too bad. On the same concept, how about knurling the manifolds to provide a better grip for the hoses.
Bull's eye :)
Im gonna make a sharp lip on the end of the tube (where the hose will sit).

intakemanifoldefi1.jpg

ditch can do more, it is not limited. edge radius of the round, not hurt the rubber. and just super! and a top planned? is an outline? and painted the engine as it will stand? nozzle where they will stand? it is desirable that a line of sight to the valve
. pouring nozzle is not directly valve. distance from the nozzle to the valve must be like for a car, the jet fuel had time to pulverize and not beat directly into the body ... not far away - petrol will flow through the walls of the pipe and under different conditions in different ways to evaporate. always different mix. air temperature, engine temperature and so on - always different evaporation. always different correction formula. need to draw the engine side and try this place properly. my intake is already, but I really actively dislike. gasoline is sprayed into the air stream and then the flow turns to 70 degrees. this is a very faulty design. simply collected on the knee of what happened.

I want to make a manifold just like stock one is.
So NO, its not ready yet :)

It will look very similar to stock manifold, I will try to create as much
lamminar flow as it should be.

I know what You are talking. But its very starnge.
All manuals i ever read says that intake lenght must be calculated
by 90/krpm specific formula.

So lets say that v-max runs the best of its power at 8000-9000rpms so lets
stick with that. IMO its no matter how tunned the v-max engine is, it will still peak at 8000-9000rpms.

So the correct intake lenght should be around 10-11 inches.
Thats way too much.
I never undestand that.

But digging into some intake manifold creator softwares I came to the 66 mm lenght so i dont get it at all :confused2:

Przemek, it is not about the length of the manifold to the throttle, and about where to put the nozzle. Nozzle should be directed to the valve. And must be a certain distance from the valve to the nozzles. Usually 3-4 centimeters. Fuel from the jet should have time to spray and should not have time to settle on the wall. it certainly will sooner or later fall into the engine, but the farther from the valve nozzle is, the more problems with the engine cold, more problems with the launch and so on. therefore needs to be clarified, as usually put the nozzle on the cars, the distance from nozzle to nozzle valve and try to position it correctly. that the fuel is not poured on the wall of the reservoir. why do not initially properly if still all done with a 0? then to say, yes, it keeps me live, it prevents the start, because of this pouring candles, motor twitching, and is configured with big problems ? Why abandoned single injection? just because of this problem. atomizer is far from the valve. so why should we initially plan to put four jets (distributed injection) type single injection? we collect in a heap all the shortcomings of the old injection system ... then simply do not fuss, and do, how does a guy with rodstara ... well, one that makes the trike with the injector. if we put the nozzle far, our system does not give any advantage over him. but it brings all its shortcomings. plus problems with the manufacture, cost and so on.

way. When activated in-boost and the second connects the carburetor, volume of tube from the throttle valve increases. then you can get the equivalent of reducing length. ie. for smoother operation at low speed carburetor needed pipes of small diameter and large length. then the fuel will not throw back. When turnovers are big and the inertia of air is large, included in-boost. (the same that put the length of the small diameter of the large). so we are not tied to the length of the intake manifold carburetor. motor will work well even on a small length of inlet pipe . back exhaust will not be able to score back to petrol injector nozzle. is a direct relationship to the carburetors - a long thin tube-low speed works well, short thick - are high. injector too of course, this dependence is, but it is not so direct. then there is a 60 -66 mm - this is the optimum. there is a place for the location of the nozzle. convenient to place the throttle. air will not worry so much throttle (a little Receivers-length 60 mm) well, and so on. if we had one valve, then the length of pipe is very much the work would be poured. but we have to four. and a direct relationship there. us is important to correctly set injector (nozzle) and make a minimum distance to the throttle:) this just get about 60 mm (30 мм to the nozzles, and a little more distance for flaps)

excellent. on a bend between the bend and ditch the hose, install the hole where the injector nozzle is inserted. Then the nozzle will look at the valve. distance to the valve about what you want, but.. must be such as to check. injector will not interfere with each other? they are also facing each other. Plus, it still seems like fuel. this place is too .... and how to fix a nozzle with a device for supplying fuel ...

Niels has done this a few times. take a look around here; http://www.saarloos.net/ He has some good pictures of some GSXR throttle bodies he used and manifolds that he made. he was also using one of these controllers ; http://wbo2.com/ along with the megasquirt, but I think this was before the later ver of MS. You can translate the page to Russian or Polish for easier viewing.

He's a good guy, I talked with him last month about the turbo v8 bike he was helping with. Its an evil looking thing.

it's all good. it works. but. remains a problem. to pour petrol? correctly.'s wall intake manifold. Then it flows into the cylinder. when the engine is warming up, gasoline from the wall begins to evaporate and fly with the air. when a small orifice, the flow of air is not blowing away the jet. flows along the wall. when a large gas-blows. the mixture changes and the engine works differently. take into account all these components is very difficult. you need to properly dispose injector (nozzle). to change as little as possible. carb does not work quite like that. is self-regulating system. and it is very difficult to get it to work properly. and more. and better than the control unit megaskvirta? and what does not fit lc, lm? to minimize the changes and facilitate the transition to the injector needs to be done in-box instead of the boost. it should stand nozzles (injectors) can then be used to start the carburetor throttle instead of the site. later it can be replaced by something else. It will be cheaper, more correct (the location of the injector) is faster and more efficiently

Thinking maybe a single fuel rail, with 4 outputs, down the middle. slight offset to allow for linkage?
That the best idea for v-max.

I think I will gonna make it just like VFR 800 runs.

KJShover said:
Or are you thinking about twin fuel rails facing left to right direction.

Also possible but, I dont like that way.

it's all good. it works. but. remains a problem. to pour petrol? correctly.'s wall intake manifold. Then it flows into the cylinder. when the engine is warming up, gasoline from the wall begins to evaporate and fly with the air. when a small orifice, the flow of air is not blowing away the jet. flows along the wall. when a large gas-blows. the mixture changes and the engine works differently. take into account all these components is very difficult. you need to properly dispose injector (nozzle). to change as little as possible. carb does not work quite like that. is self-regulating system. and it is very difficult to get it to work properly. and more. and better than the control unit megaskvirta? and what does not fit lc, lm? to minimize the changes and facilitate the transition to the injector needs to be done in-box instead of the boost. it should stand nozzles (injectors) can then be used to start the carburetor throttle instead of the site. later it can be replaced by something else. It will be cheaper, more correct (the location of the injector) is faster and more efficiently

Well the best idea is to place the injector as close to burning chamber as it could be.
Talk about Mitsubishi GDI direct injection, about its efficiency.

Now I cant deciede myself which way I will go.

-Or placing the TB's at angle so the injectors will spray in the straight line.
But also having the problems with TB's fiting, with linkage and outlets for air filter/s.
Also easier manifolds here, much easier.

-Or make the manifolds 25' angled so the injectors will spary into sidewall.
Easier fit, easier linkage and air filter/s outlets.
Complicated manifolds.

Im gonna use a single high flow air filter anyway.

Any opinions?

Niels has done this a few times. take a look around here; http://www.saarloos.net/ He has some good pictures of some GSXR throttle bodies he used and manifolds that he made. he was also using one of these controllers ; http://wbo2.com/ along with the megasquirt, but I think this was before the later ver of MS. You can translate the page to Russian or Polish for easier viewing.

He's a good guy, I talked with him last month about the turbo v8 bike he was helping with. Its an evil looking thing.

I can see that hes playing with CNC now.
I've personaly bulid 3 milling machines at work, from a scratch.
Its very easy those days when You can grab a almost free software
that can do anything.

Also I have a major contribution with bulding the lathe, a special one.
We build a 3 axis lathe for LAPP insulators, for clay molding.

incercare-izolator.jpg

That the best idea for v-max.

I think I will gonna make it just like VFR 800 runs.

Also possible but, I dont like that way.
вот смеху...
Here's the laughter ...

Attachments

• DSCN1124.jpg
    DSCN1124.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCN1125.jpg
    DSCN1125.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCN1126.jpg
    DSCN1126.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 18