Newbie to the Forum / Newbie to the V-Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geek_Law

Reaction score
Hi Guys:

I just signed up with the forum and have been reading up on the various mods that are possible with the Vmax. I have not purchased one yet, but am looking very seriously. I just made an offer on a bone stock 2007 V-Max yesterday, but I'm not sure if the seller is going to go for it.

I tried to post in the sticky thread that says to introduce yourself, but my post seems to have disappeared into the abyss, so I thought I might try to start a thread to introduce myself.

Anyway, I'm looking for a late model Vmax, so any assistance in what to look for or what kind of deals are out there is greatly appreciated. Although I would LOVE to have an '09+ model, I think that's a bit out of my reach for now, so I will be focusing on the '07 models or thereabouts.

I currently own a Triumph Rocket III that I've supercharged and rigged up a sidecar to. It's an absolute blast to drive, but I'm wanting another fun bike that I can have dedicated to just two wheels, because it is a bit of work to disconnect the sidecar.

I look forward to learning about the Vmax from those of you who are vastly more knowledgeable than I, and hope to contribute where I am able. Hopefully I can be riding and mod'ing my own 'max within a very short period of time.

Sorry about the long intro.

Geek_Law

Hey Geek, All NooB's are setup to be moderated to keep spammers OUT! lol

Bear with us as Buster will make you visible shortly.

Good luck with the search. There's a ton of them around. I'd stick to 2003 plus if you can afford to.

Chris

Good luck with the search. There's a ton of them around. I'd stick to 2003 plus if you can afford to.

Chris
why?
I have an 03 and hear people say 03 and newer all the time but why is that?

Hi Guys:

I just signed up with the forum and have been reading up on the various mods that are possible with the Vmax. I have not purchased one yet, but am looking very seriously. I just made an offer on a bone stock 2007 V-Max yesterday, but I'm not sure if the seller is going to go for it.

I tried to post in the sticky thread that says to introduce yourself, but my post seems to have disappeared into the abyss, so I thought I might try to start a thread to introduce myself.

Anyway, I'm looking for a late model Vmax, so any assistance in what to look for or what kind of deals are out there is greatly appreciated. Although I would LOVE to have an '09+ model, I think that's a bit out of my reach for now, so I will be focusing on the '07 models or thereabouts.

I currently own a Triumph Rocket III that I've supercharged and rigged up a sidecar to. It's an absolute blast to drive, but I'm wanting another fun bike that I can have dedicated to just two wheels, because it is a bit of work to disconnect the sidecar.

I look forward to learning about the Vmax from those of you who are vastly more knowledgeable than I, and hope to contribute where I am able. Hopefully I can be riding and mod'ing my own 'max within a very short period of time.

Sorry about the long intro.

Geek_Law

:welcome_sign: to the forum...
Post some pics of that rocket please!
I have always wanted one & would like to see yours with a side car.

hold on, you have a SUPERCHARGED ROCKET III ?!?!? :clapping::eusa_dance::biglaugh:

Alright we need to see that, post some pics please!

And welcome to the best Vmax forum on this planet - thanks to Gary :worthy:

All changes were made by that time. The next 4 years of them were just color variations.

Chris

hmmm. Well I have the 03 with the racing stripe paint. Stamp says made in 02 I believe but it is an 03, wonder if I have the changes?

And I would like to see the rocket too

still got my 05 for sale. Should be info about it here somewhere. I think a few guys can attest to seeing it in person and or riding it. It was a previous crash victim but rides perfect and smooth and I would trust it to any speed. It even has the overdrive installed in it already. email me if you want at [email protected]

I am pretty firm on $6000 at the moment (which is well under most average prices not counting the overdrive). Also, since I specialize in building these things we can pretty much set it up however you would like (money dependent of course).

Sean Morley

Hey Geek, All NooB's are setup to be moderated to keep spammers OUT! lol

Bear with us as Buster will make you visible shortly.

Chris

Thanks 4gasm. No worries on the probation. I don't like the spammers any more than you guys do. :worthy:

:welcome_sign: to the forum...
Post some pics of that rocket please!
I have always wanted one & would like to see yours with a side car.

hold on, you have a SUPERCHARGED ROCKET III ?!?!? :clapping::eusa_dance::biglaugh:

Alright we need to see that, post some pics please!

And welcome to the best Vmax forum on this planet - thanks to Gary :worthy:

Yeah. My bone stock 2005 Triumph rocket III turned into a bit of a project ... one which quickly got out of control. Over on the Rocket forum we also warn new members that the endless list of mods can take you down a slippery slope.

For me, it started with a little custom paint to cover up the boring graphite gray. Then it was a performance tweak here and there. Then somehow my wife let me put a supercharger on the beast. And then I got a sidecar ... you know ... for the kids :ummm:

Here are a few pics:

This one is right after the install:
Picture004.jpg

This is out in Newport Oregon, at the coast.
SSPX0302.jpg

This one here as at a "sidecar rally" doing an obstacle course with the kids:
SANY0290.jpg

And here I am just trekking it down the superslab on a 900 mile road trip:
SANY0158.jpg

I took the sidecar off a couple of days ago just to play around with the bike on two wheels, which got me thinking that I seriously need a dedicated two-wheeler.

Welcome to the best place in the world Geek!
Good luck with your bid on that '07. If that doesn't work out, I would give some serious consideration to Sean's bike. I doubt you'll find a better bike (inside and out) from anyone else, especially for that price.

And I second everyone else's comment....pictures of that Rocket would be nice. Video would be a LOT nicer! :biglaugh:

Great Pics. That is a unique and beautiful set-up!!

That Triumph is SWEET !!! That thing looks like you could
load a pony keg in her.
Welcome aboard.
Chris

Yea that's about the first sidecar I've ever seen that I reckon could pull some serious wheelies!

Did ever dyno it since the supercharger? I'd love to see those figures..

That is WILD!!!!:worthy:

The paint job looks great on that bike.....

It even looks good with that side car.......nicely done:eusa_dance:

Nice lookin' family there too:clapping:

Matching helmets even.....very nice touch

Best looking Rocket Ive seen. In mags or otherwise.
You know what they say...Washington rumbles, California crumbles, but we remain Oregonized!
I vote you get a max, then there will be at least 10 of us in the state. LOL

It looks like a dreamsicle! I like it though!

That's a lot of kids! I see why you have such a large sidecar on it. lol

Chris

Attachments

• dreamsicle.gif
    dreamsicle.gif
    10.6 KB · Views: 2
Yea that's about the first sidecar I've ever seen that I reckon could pull some serious wheelies!

Did ever dyno it since the supercharger? I'd love to see those figures..

My dealer offered to it dyno just for fun after I got the supercharger, but I never took him up on it. I still need to sort out the STOCK pipes and get it properly tuned. It's very restricted due to the pipes, and the tune is just a trial and error type tweak of the ECU fuel mapping.

As for the wheelies ... it's a double edged sword there. She'll pull them quite easily, but they are in no way a good thing. With out the hack its no problem. With the hack, the entire rig quickly pulls to the right under hard accel and when the front wheel comes off the ground, you have no way to counteract the pull to the right.

Needless to say, I go out of my way to avoid doing any wheelies with the hack on.

You can safely wheelie a sidecar by pulling hard to the right and lifting the sidecar wheel itself up. It's called, "flying the chair" and its pretty funny to see, and a blast to do.

I wonder if there are any vmaxes with sidecars???

It looks like a dreamsicle! I like it though!

That's a lot of kids! I see why you have such a large sidecar on it. lol

Chris

Yeah, the nicknames for the beast from fellow riders are "dreamsicle" and also "Nemo." I prefer "nemo," but I'll answer to either :rofl_200:

As for the kiddies ... there are 5x of them last I checked, which is actually part of the reason that I got the sidecar. It makes the "afterwork" motorcycle rides much more efficient when I can load them up 3-4 at a time.

If any of you have kids and commute on a bike, then you probably know what I'm talking about. This is when you get home after a long day, and the kids charm you into giving them rides for the next two hours. :rofl_200:

Back