Not happy with your paint ;Change you a colour?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RazoR333

Reaction score
I am lookin to sell or trade all painted skinz on my bike. I have a paint scheme in mind and I can't bring myself to paint over the colour on my bike. I will be upgrading to a R1 front fender and possibly a shorty rear fender, so the biggy is the faux tank. These are flawless pieces, and the colour is MORE than yellow,..it has a deep metallic metal flake in it (factory), I just can't see covering a nice job.
SO,..if you don't like the flames on your new Max, or (would love to snag) "flat black with silver stripes",or any other ,..I am hoping the faux to be as good condition (ready to paint).
Rear and front , just not too damaged. I have pic's in my album you can look at , or if you like I can post close up direct pic's on request.

"Keep it shiny side up".

I am lookin to sell or trade all painted skinz on my bike. I have a paint scheme in mind and I can't bring myself to paint over the colour on my bike. I will be upgrading to a R1 front fender and possibly a shorty rear fender, so the biggy is the faux tank. These are flawless pieces, and the colour is MORE than yellow,..it has a deep metallic metal flake in it (factory), I just can't see covering a nice job.
SO,..if you don't like the flames on your new Max, or (would love to snag) "flat black with silver stripes",or any other ,..I am hoping the faux to be as good condition (ready to paint).
Rear and front , just not too damaged. I have pic's in my album you can look at , or if you like I can post close up direct pic's on request.

"Keep it shiny side up".

You should post some good quality close up pics of em' to see what they would be getting. BTW, how much would you want for them?

Yea , prolly a good idea Ape,...not sure how much actually I was hoping to be able to do a trade. I'll get those pic's up asap, and I'll scan fleaBay to get a good scope on the price. Not lookin to score any big money on them , just want to be able to get the fresh canvas so I can get the grafix I'm wanting.

What I did was have my bike vinyl wrapped. If I tire of the design I can remove the wrap and the paint is un-touched and looks like new.

That way you can keep your trick paint job. You'd be amaized how many ppl think its a high dollar air brush job. I was impressed with
some of the things graphix ppl can do nowadays.

vmaxtanklu1.jpg

Last edited:
What did they use to keep it on and would it leave a residue when taken off? How is it supposed to hold up against the elements too? Also, can you design your own graphic or do you have theres to choose from? Thanks in advance.

What did they use to keep it on and would it leave a residue when taken off? How is it supposed to hold up against the elements too? Also, can you design your own graphic or do you have theres to choose from? Thanks in advance.

It has a mild adheasive, it holds up well in adverse weather. I've seen cars and trucks up here covered in ice in -60 weather, and look great in the summer. The nice thing about it is if it get a mild scratch, just take your heat gun to it (on mild setting) and poof! it returns to it's glossy, unscratched self.

After you remove it, just use a mild solvent to remove the residue of the adhesive (similar to the residue left behind when you pull your emblems off)

You can use your own, The one I used was a Luis Royo picture I downloaded. It cost me a whopping $125 to get the faux tank wrapped. They also did the front of my bellypan in clear to protect it from rock chips.

What I did was have my bike vinyl wrapped. If I tire of the design I remove the wrap and the paint is un-touched and looks like new.
Can you post who did that for you? Did they send it to you and you attached it? Or is it something they had to do themselves? That pic is wicked. So you can send them any kind of picture and they recreate it on their material?? Can you tell up close that it's a wrap? Or does it look like REAL paint??
Sorry for all the questions but I hadn't seen this before. "They" been doing this long? Or is this something fairly new??

TIA for the info......

Can you post who did that for you? Did they send it to you and you attached it? Or is it something they had to do themselves? That pic is wicked. So you can send them any kind of picture and they recreate it on their material?? Can you tell up close that it's a wrap? Or does it look like REAL paint??
Sorry for all the questions but I hadn't seen this before. "They" been doing this long? Or is this something fairly new??

A local graphix shop did this for me, they have done other work for me in the past. http://www.autotrimdesignalaska.com/ Google "Vehicle vinyl wraps" and I'm sure there is a shop in your area that can get it done.

I dropped the fauz tank off to them and they did it there in the shop. I just gave them the picture. Any picture can be put on. They just print it up on the material, install it, then put a clear on it. I've seen some get wrapped, then get painted with a clear coat (makes the wrap perminant).

If you get right down on it, you can tell its a wrap. If your sitting on your bike, you'll sooon forget its a wrap. I have yet had anyone ID it as a wrap, but they always coment on "the kick ass paint" They shit when I tell them its vinyl.

They have been doing this for a while, technology has greatly improved. I'd say 90% if not more of the cars you see in racing aren't painted, thier wrapped.

For maint, just wash. you don't have to wax it. if it starts to get dull hit it with a hair dryer or a heat gun on low and it will gloss right up. PM me if you want more info.

Sorry for the hijack Razor..

WE NOW RETURN YOU TO THE ORIGINAL TOPIC

KJ, could a non-straight black faux cover be wrapped without seeing through it?

i have the two white stripes on mine and would be curious if everything gets covered properly...

KJ, could a non-straight black faux cover be wrapped without seeing through it?

i have the two white stripes on mine and would be curious if everything gets covered properly...

Any color can be wrapped. There are a few white cars and trucks up here that have multi color wraps on them and there is no bleed through.

Here's some close up pic's,..you can see the flake in #4 and #6.

Attachments

• yellow 1.jpg
    yellow 1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 8
  • yellow 2.jpg
    yellow 2.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 8
  • yellow 4.jpg
    yellow 4.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 10
  • yellow 5.jpg
    yellow 5.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 20
  • yellow 6.jpg
    yellow 6.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 11
  • yellow 7.jpg
    yellow 7.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 15
  • birthday 003.jpg
    birthday 003.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 15
Yep, looks like a nice 1994 body set. I'm sure you might find someone wanting to do some kind of trade.

Sean

Thx guys,..I won't be too disappointed if I'm not able to do the colour change this year...The yellow brings the girls over for a little look.
A local gent says hell put sterling racing stripes (like a 2003) on it for me for a reasonable price to spice it up a bit.
I think it would compliment the yellow quite nicely."ahem", I mean "YEA it would make it ROCK man":punk:

That year was my favorite, I love that yellow....Yellow and Chrome is tasty.
I'm Not ready to strip the 06 just yet. Should not be an issue for you to swap.

Back