VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not about having all the (top end) power you want. It's about having the broadest range of power at the same time having excellent fuel mileage and driveability.

most guys see 38-42+ mpg with our kit and still make the same peak power as the stage seven. Plus, they make more power in the mid and low end range.

If you want more power you need one of our bigger engines. Eventually we'll have the bored carbs available too. Testing on the first set of them should maybe begin by later this week!

Sean

my bike pulls hard all throughout low mid and top. but i only get about 25 mpg.
and it runs the best with stock mains.

my bike pulls hard all throughout low mid and top. but i only get about 25 mpg.
and it runs the best with stock mains.

My thought would be if your running stock mains and only getting 25 mpg there's room for improvement somehwere????

that's what i'm thinking. if i fat'n up the main jets it runs ok. but not as good as it does now.

If your running stage 7 setup as in the instructions it's probably too fat in the midrange, Mark or sean would know better than I. If it was me I'd leave the mains alone for now, oyu've already proved it doesn't want more fuel on top.

Maybe shim the needles leaner or go back to the stock springs? did you drill the slides or install the PAJ2 that came with the stage 7?

I installed my stage 7 correctors and filters and left all else stock except for the needles; set lean, and am probably going to put the stock needles back in to eventually...as well as installing a leaner/bigger PAJ2, as it is now I'm getting 32 riding hard....and it's still fat in the midrange according to my a/f guage..

I'm running Seans kit. Dyno'd 124 at the wheel.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

I'm running Seans kit. Dyno'd 124 at the wheel.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

That makes a strong argument for me to get a full system and the Muscle kit. I found the dyno sheet from the previous owner, which listed 114 at the tire with the stage 1 and slip ons....so stock.

Any comments on the full Holeshot system? I'd really like to keep the sound of these slip ons, my centerstand, and dual cans. To me a 4-1 system looks strange on this bike.

If your running stage 7 setup as in the instructions it's probably too fat in the midrange, Mark or sean would know better than I. If it was me I'd leave the mains alone for now, oyu've already proved it doesn't want more fuel on top.

Maybe shim the needles leaner or go back to the stock springs? did you drill the slides or install the PAJ2 that came with the stage 7?

I installed my stage 7 correctors and filters and left all else stock except for the needles; set lean, and am probably going to put the stock needles back in to eventually...as well as installing a leaner/bigger PAJ2, as it is now I'm getting 32 riding hard....and it's still fat in the midrange according to my a/f guage..

my entire stage 7 is installed per the dynjet instructions.
only thing is i run the smaller mains. what i'm interested in is will i get better air through stock box and Seans mods. or should i stick with the k&n's (with oil mist tubes) lol

That makes a strong argument for me to get a full system and the Muscle kit. I found the dyno sheet from the previous owner, which listed 114 at the tire with the stage 1 and slip ons....so stock.

Any comments on the full Holeshot system? I'd really like to keep the sound of these slip ons, my centerstand, and dual cans. To me a 4-1 system looks strange on this bike.

holeshots are nice.. but not sure if they sound similar

i'd go marks if i could do it again ryan. black ceramic coated, 17" cans. i don't like mine obnoxious loud. i'm happy with the walker tho, but got a great deal on it...

my entire stage 7 is installed per the dynjet instructions.
only thing is i run the smaller mains. what i'm interested in is will i get better air through stock box and Seans mods. or should i stick with the k&n's (with oil mist tubes) lol

I don't know about better air, but all in all Sean's kit is probably better than the stage 7 from all the comments of those that have it. More driveable in the low and mid and just as good on top..The only reason I went with the stg 7 was to get rid of the air box to make room for some other stuff under tha faux tank...

Guys, I had a similar issue today coming home today from work. I did spin it up about three times running thru 4th and 5th gears into the red a couple of times at about 120mph while on the freeway. When I got home I was feeling pretty good about how good the bike was running until I saw this!

vmax3.jpg

vmax2.jpg

Is this normal? I've rode the bike for a couple hundred miles and never saw any oil before. Now I hadn't ran it as hard as today but close to it?

Anything I need to check?

Last edited:
I'm running Vgas flatsides, when I ran it hard at first I had alot of blowback I had to run a longer breather line with a Pcv valve but I don't have any type of puke can I just ran a longer hose a looped it before the valve. I'd check your breather line for a clog.

I'm running Vgas flatsides, when I ran it hard at first I had alot of blowback I had to run a longer breather line with a Pcv valve but I don't have any type of puke can I just ran a longer hose a looped it before the valve. I'd check your breather line for a clog.

I'll tear into it tonight and see what I find out... thanks for the info and I will check the lines first.

Just one more thing I don't remember my 2000 model ever doing. Very interesting coming from a bike with only 13K miles on it.

Hope the gen2 doesn't have issues like this?

Very disappointing to ride the bike within range and come home to find oil all over the rear cylinders. :bang head:

How much oil were you running in the crankcase? If you overfill this is more likely to happen than if the level is closer to the middle.

How much oil were you running in the crankcase? If you overfill this is more likely to happen than if the level is closer to the middle.

I just got the bike last week and the pervious owner said he just changed the oil. I put the bike level a couple of days ago and it was right at the top of the sight glass.

Where should it be filled to? (top, 3/4 or middle)??

Not sure why I have so much oil out side of the air box (on the rear of carbs and cylinder) so hopefully the hose blew off or something? I'll put a drop light on it tonight and look better. I pretty much just walked away from it last night after taken the pictures.

I can not stand oil leaks!

I'm sure all this is just getting the bugs out of it and everything will be fine soon? :ummm:

Thanks for the feed back/help!
David.

Look right to you guys?

1) Center Stand or level
2) Warm up and let settle
3) Should be in the middle?

vmax1.jpg

+1 Mike on too much oil. The pic is great, and exactly where the oil level should be. I get oil in the air box if I over fill too.
I have a home made vent system from oil fill to the air box tee.Part of the(Stage Steve-o) carb kit. Rov (Tuglar) I think did a nice thread on a home made oil seperator you might want to research. I'm going to do it.
That connection to the air box is a major piss off for a lot of guys. The OEM breather hose is a hair short. A stainless hose clamp that you can use a socket and extension on beats the OEM clamp.
I set up my tee under the air box so I can lift the box a little with the hose connected. The hose from the tee to the engine breather I made slightly longer. Then remove the coolant recovery tank and reach in with 1/4 drive extention and 8mm (5/16) socket. This has saved me much foul language and speeded up air box removal and hose comming off is a non issue now. I will take pics if anyone wants them.
Steve

(
Look right to you guys?

1) Center Stand or level
2) Warm up and let settle
3) Should be in the middle?

vmax1.jpg

I'll tear into it tonight and see what I find out... thanks for the info and I will check the lines first.

Just one more thing I don't remember my 2000 model ever doing. Very interesting coming from a bike with only 13K miles on it.

Hope the gen2 doesn't have issues like this?

Very disappointing to ride the bike within range and come home to find oil all over the rear cylinders. :bang head:

Could of bought a Hardly for that... :rofl_200:

Sorry....couldn't resist........OK.....that's not true....I'm not really sorry........

Latest posts

Back