ok not a fan of the double D clutch

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2stangs69-91

Reaction score
:bang head: had it installed for about 6 days just broke something in the driveshaft or final drive. I notice (before) when I shifted about 9500 rpm it sure jumped hard. Well I was getting ready to go on a ride tomorrow. No ride for me :angry flame devil:

Most DD users (me too) seems to be running fine. At least I never heard any complain.

Im sure that someting in Your tranny/drive went bad and not becouse the DD.
It just comes faster by this way.

lol no I do not think so everything was running just fine except for clutch slipage. it is a 06 so everything was pretty new. It happened right when it hit secong gear.

:bang head: had it installed for about 6 days just broke something in the driveshaft or final drive. I notice (before) when I shifted about 9500 rpm it sure jumped hard. Well I was getting ready to go on a ride tomorrow. No ride for me :angry flame devil:
Sorry to hear your bad news
I have over 6000 miles now on my DD with no issues. Bike still shifting and performing good as new probably better.
Good luck

I have the PCW clutch kit but it's about the same as the DD I believe. Only thing I noticed was the lever went further out from the bars before engaging....guess this makes sense though....more spring pressure, more hydraulic pressure required to compress.

Otherwise, no issues at all.

Bustin up the drivetrain down the line means it's working right. Now you get the heavy drive shaft from Blue Ridge Mountain and a fresh ring out back or even a Venture pumpkin out back. Keep cranking it up till a gear goes bad. Ah the life of a Maxer!

Go chain drive and get rid of the shaft & differential all together!!!! Better acceleration, HUGE weight loss, and you can change your final drive ratio!! WOOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or you can just fix the busted parts. I would imagine whatever failed was on its way out and the timing was completely coincidental.

The DD is far stronger then the PCW spring (and smokes the Barnett). I prefer the vmax shaft since it leaves a weak link. I had a sportmax shaft and tore up two blocks with it. If you get too much traction something is going to give. I ended up bending the crap out of the supposedly indestructible shaft and then when measuring found out it was 1/8" too long. I think it was binding into the block and basically slamming it when hard shifting.

I still prefer the DD setup.

Sean

I would say you broke the drive shaft. Don’t go with the Sport Max Shaft; go back with a stock one. I would rather break another shaft than to break the transmission. Think of it as a fusible link. But if you’re going to bang on it go with a PCW or Stock spring or plain on putting another shaft in it.

Ok drive shaft clean snap. I am going to have to work on just blip the throttle and shifting at high rpm.
picture.php

Yea man that DD Spring works good don?t it. A friend of mine carries a spare shaft with him when he goes on a trip. He has broke two of them.

Sorry to hear about your probs. Once i eventually get my max back am going the DD conversion from Sean after the exhaust is set up. Mental note from your experience :)

Back