one question for anyone with a gen2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattness

Reaction score
does it feel more like a torquey inline 4, or a super high revving v twin??

if you know what i mean

Gee, probably the torq 4. You feel the torque come into play around 4 1/2-5 grand. It won't rap out or feel like an in line. I get my strongest pull from about 6 1/2-9, where the tprq and hp are are close to or at peak together. I can't really compare an in line or twin to the Max, old or new. Hope it helps.

yes its compareable to a inline four with a ton off torque! torque is instant at hit off throttle and pulls hard from 4000 rpm on. i have many hours on the dyno with my gen 2 dragbike and i airshift at 9500rpm. no reason to take it pass 9500rpm

I don't own one but have ridden several.

I would say they ride exactly like an old Vmax as far as power delivery....There is just a shit load more power...

I don't own one but have ridden several.

I would say they ride exactly like an old Vmax as far as power delivery....There is just a shit load more power...

Test rode one this week. I'd agree, felt like a powerful V-4, in the very best way. The new bike rides completely different, though, in terms of ergonomics. My 1st gen V-Max feels like a HD Dynaglide with a lot more power. Handles better than the Harley as well. The 2nd Gen V-Max felt to me like an oversized streetfighter. There was no doubt I was on a 21st century bike. Couldn't get a real feel for the power with a Yamaha demo rider in front of me and one behind. But the one time I got to 1/8 throttle it took off!

Yeah, I remember my demo ride at Daytona, Oct 16th 2008. Their lead rider was on an R-1 and told us he would let us experience the power of the new Vmax. Everytime he would hit it and try to take off from us, I would do the same on the Vmax and had to slam on the brakes to keep from hitting him :D

Too bad they don't let you take it through some long sweeping turns. That's another area where the new Vmax shines. It's quite addictive ;)

Congrats on your demo ride... First time the bike feels really big & kinda like you're on a really fast Goldwing..lol

Last edited:
sat on a 2010 today, couldnt believe it. its my next big purchase im pretty sure LOL. a local dealer had one

Latest posts

Back