Paint Ideas

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jdk203

Reaction score
So I'm trying to decide how I'm gonna paint the bike. Currently its just rattle canned black. I kind of like the black but if I'm gonna spend the cash and have it redone I want a little more than just black. I've had a few Ideas but am having trouble visualizing. (any bored photoshoppers out there?) I was thinking scallops (B&W), Flames (black and grey) or a grey american flag (like a B&W photo). I have a friend who does custom paint and is only charging cost of materials. Hes into more extravagant type schemes (comics) but thats not me or my bike. I wanna stay simple and with the old school hot rod theme. Any input?

IMG_5734

Last edited:
Well, I am partial to solid colours w/ racing stripes.
Morley also has an awesome "muscle car" kinda paint job. Check it out - green with the black stripe (w/ further black pin striping).

Oh yeah. I remember this bike.

You are going to have to work with those tires (white walls / red rims) exclusively.

I've been thinking about Harley's pewter denim. That would prolly work well. But then I think of a million other paint ideas too.

I think if you're gonna keep those rims you need to work with them.

I would go with glossy black, and add red flake (similar or equal shade to the rims) in the top clear coat.

Racing stripes look cool too, and they could be red or white.

i wonder how an '06/07 type faux would look with the red.

are those matching dents in your faux?

I like the black with a red flake in the clear idea. Hadn't considered anything like that. Not sure what the 06-07 faux looks like ill have to do a search. Yeah theyre matching intentional dents. To get the bars to clear I guess. The previous owner kinda cafe'd the bars which I hated but whatever. Luckily the dents are well done and match.

guys, i'm planning to have the bike painted in jet black with the mags chromed, since I have already the scope, swing arm and the vstax chromed. I thinking to have the calipers and brackets chromed too.

what do you think ? any suggestion ?

JDK203....I like the way it looks now. The old hot rod look is kick-ass, and the flat black helps to set it off. I wouldn't change a thing!! just my opinion, of course.

I like it now too. The paint has some flaws and was rattle canned. I could however just repaint it the way it is, just correctly.

Your bike has a retro 50's kinda look I'd keep that theme. Flat black if cool, just needs some TLC and maybe a cool graphic dull coated under the clear.

Latest posts

Back