please tell me my bikes gonna be OK!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donnelly317

Reaction score
So I went to change the oil today with 3000 miles on it and this is what I found..

2012-07-08_16-40-23_575.jpg

2012-07-08_16-41-05_565.jpg

soo the motor now has 7k on it.. I did not change the filter yet im gonna run it to work this week hopefully everyday so ill put another 300 miles on it. then thursday change the oil again and cut open my filter and see whats inside :th_signs60:

Maybe bearing material???? :ummm:

????? Good Luck Brother. You need more experience than I have for a good answer...
Keepin it active for you.
Dave

I'll be interested to hear Sean's opinion myself. Although that does seem like a bit of debris, if the motor otherwise sounds normal it would seem all you can do at this point is flush it out like you plan to and wait another 3000 miles to see what it looks like again next time....JM2C.

cross yer fingers...maybe just the remnants of a bad shift...idk...

I rode to work today. Gonna grab a filter and more oil when I get home. Ill but open the filter tonight. Im getting mixed answers from my fellow aircraft mechanics that used to do alot with piston airplanes

Bearing material looks like shiny gold flakes in the oil. You picture almost looks like debris left over from machining the block. Maybe PCW didn't give the block a thorough cleaning before re-assembly?

The blocks are aluminum aren't they?? This is a magnet plug from oil drain. I know I've done a couple bad shifts since I put FWD controls on. Im hoping it was just that!!

Hahahaha. Same with bearing material I was told is a mixture of metals. So mainly the crank,rods,gears,and rings are the steal parts.. Im hoping it was just a bad shift. If there'd more on the plug tonight. Ill change oil and filter again at 500 miles if there isn't any on plug then ill do it at 1000. Then if im still getting chips and slivers ill start crying lol

Looks like normal debris from what I can see. It's really hard to tell though. Someone found a place last year that does oil analysis for pretty cheap that you could send the oil sample too.

Sean

Thanks Sean!! Ill search the forum for oil analysis. Kyle said the same as you. Don't sweat it at the moment.. when I fist got the bike going I changed the oil from previous owner. There was nothing on there.. so I atleast know it hasn't been an on going thing

Back