Progressive springs A+

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxrooky

Reaction score
Just put my new progressive springs lowering kit on only lowered it 1" on the ride home from my buddies house wow what a difference the front end dive is gone feels good I put 15W maxima fork oil and all new seals I'm liking it taking her out today again put a new clutch in her also my baby is done and ready to roll...

Heck to the ya dman999 they were awesome took off at 12:00 didn't get back till 5PM steering wobbles weren't an issue before but it seems a lot more stable around corners feels tighter? It just feels right and the front end doesn't come up 6" when I hammer down or dive 6" when I check the brakes.. Exaggerated number of coarse but you get the drift lol... And the new clutch awesome the dang front end came off the ground when I took off from a stop sign a lil to hot... Fuel mileage is still the same though 20-22 next got to tear into them carbs and see what jets I have... Throttle is there and crisp most Rpms but it hesitates at 3000-4000 a lil bit then snap hold on....thanks for the recommendation on the progressive springs dman999 and the rest of you... Any bike I buy from now on is gunna get improved fork springs... Wow can't wait to get some rear shocks now also dam mod monkey is running ape sh$&... Lol

I just picked up a set that I have yet to install or ride with......but this report is making me extremely anxious to experience them first hand.....

I just picked up a set that I have yet to install or ride with......but this report is making me extremely anxious to experience them first hand.....

Tired of too soft, bottoming out front forks? Progressive Suspension heavy-duty fork springs will improve the handling of your Motorcycle. Progressive Springs feature a progressive two-stage spring rate that is heavier than your bike's stock springs. Handling control is improved on rough pavement, for cornering, and under hard braking as well as top end stability.

Everything stated above is true and I can tell you from experience, Progressive Fork Springs make a Huge Difference and are well worth installing.
And I can actually see what's in my mirrors at high speeds now, they almost totally elimintated the front end vibration I had with the stock springs.

If anyone is on the fence about upgrading the fork springs DO IT!!!! You won't believe how small and weak the stock fork springs are till you pull them out it shows in Sean's video but in person it was really weak looking...Best UPGRADE I'VE EVER DONE TO A BIKE. I imagine the rach techs are even a lil stiffer but I didn't want a to stiff front end on my bike the progressive are just right...

If anyone is on the fence about upgrading the fork springs DO IT!!!! You won't believe how small and weak the stock fork springs are till you pull them out it shows in Sean's video but in person it was really weak looking...Best UPGRADE I'VE EVER DONE TO A BIKE. I imagine the rach techs are even a lil stiffer but I didn't want a to stiff front end on my bike the progressive are just right...[/QUOTE]

The Race Tech can be stiffer , IF YOU ORDER THEM STIFFER . They have a tech who helps you order them based on your weight , your bike and what type of riding you do the most. Where the " stiffer than Progressives " usually comes in , is telling them your true weight. Most all advice is to take 15 lbs. off your true weight.

VmaxRooky, Glad you like the progressive springs,(I have them in my Gen I) but after you try a MAXGASSER they may fall to SECOND best mod you've done to your vmax:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Keep tempting on that seat Rick!!!! I see how you are lol.. I'M ITCHIN like crazy to get one but when I do i'll wanna keep it and not send it down the road for another trial for someone else lol...Savin my pennies gunna have one before summer...Rick you said on another post you have firm or soft foam now? WOW your is really tempting me.. Wasn't sure about the firm foam when I bought my other two corbins but it made me a believer.. The corbin i got with this bike I think is rotted of hardened or both it just hurts me a lil more than I like...Sure a new one would feel better but Ricks design looks alot easier to fuel and people say its cut better for reaching the ground for us 5'10" folks lol I'm dyin to pull the trigger on the seat..

Keep tempting on that seat Rick!!!! I see how you are lol.. I'M ITCHIN like crazy to get one but when I do i'll wanna keep it and not send it down the road for another trial for someone else lol...Savin my pennies gunna have one before summer...Rick you said on another post you have firm or soft foam now? WOW your is really tempting me.. Wasn't sure about the firm foam when I bought my other two corbins but it made me a believer.. The corbin i got with this bike I think is rotted of hardened or both it just hurts me a lil more than I like...Sure a new one would feel better but Ricks design looks alot easier to fuel and people say its cut better for reaching the ground for us 5'10" folks lol I'm dyin to pull the trigger on the seat..

Whenever your ready, and when you are , yes I pour the foams so I can adjust the ratio of the chemicals to effect the firmness of the foam for your liking. For tall heavy guys I give them a firm front but a softer rear to give them a little more room back ,while I lighter short guy I could pour a soft driver and a firm rear to keep them forward.Its all pretty Scientific. Lol

well wish I'm 215 so I'm short and heavy lol hope you have a calculation for that? lol I'm sure you do..

65fury met rand5107 and I before a ride this morning let my wife and I sit on his sicka$& MAXGASSER... Man I'm in love my feet actually touched the ground flat footed.. Perfect seat for my short legs and long torso lol... Wife liked it too... Thanks65fury and rand5107 for setting that up...

65fury met rand5107 and I before a ride this morning let my wife and I sit on his sicka$& MAXGASSER... Man I'm in love my feet actually touched the ground flat footed.. Perfect seat for my short legs and long torso lol... Wife liked it too... Thanks65fury and rand5107 for setting that up...

I would also like to thank Rand,and Fury for being MAXGASSER ambassadors,its the word of mouth advertising that cant be bought that really helps sell seats............Thanks Guys!

Just did a change to the Progressives - I echo Dennis and everyone else - BEST bang for the buck..... No, actually the $25.00 home made set of COPS ties these springs for best bang for the buck.

Just do it - "you'll be glad you did."

Just did a change to the Progressives - I echo Dennis and everyone else - BEST bang for the buck..... No, actually the $25.00 home made set of COPS ties these springs for best bang for the buck.

Just do it - "you'll be glad you did."

Took you 28 yrs to put springs in there??? If you know how to put COPs on for 25 bucks I'm game!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Found a set of 4 COPS off a Suzukisomething on EBay for $15.01 shipped. Got a wiring harness off a Hondasomething from another Ebayer for about $10.00 shipped. A couple cents worth of solder and tape, and they are still working. I had to sacrifice the old coils for the plugs, but it was worth the trade. That being said, the sets sold here really look a lot better than what I made, but weren't available when I made up my set...

Back