Rattlesnake

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mabchewy

Reaction score
Came around a curve on the Blueridge Parkway Sunday about lunch to see this guy crossing the street...

Attachments

• Jul27_0002.jpg
    Jul27_0002.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 49
  • Jul27_0004.jpg
    Jul27_0004.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 45
It's a good thing you were riding something as fast as a vmax.......:biglaugh: He may have got ya!

Eastern diamondback, nasty little creatures. I lived in Atlanta for 7 years and never remember seeing one. I went back a few years later for the '96 Olymipic's and saw one. Go figure.:confused2:

That is the only one I have ever seen in the wild. The color and markings were really amazing, my phone's camera didn't take to good of pictures.

Came around a curve on the Blueridge Parkway Sunday about lunch to see this guy crossing the street...

Blue ridge parkway, is that skyline drive?
If so i was there a couple weeks ago and had a bear run out in front of me...
That place is loaded with all kinds of animals.

I grew up (some would debate that I ever grew up :punk:) any how I grew up in Wyoming and rattlesnakes were everywhere. I was flyin down a dirt road on the dirt bike when I was a kid 17 or so, and there one was streatched out across the road sunning himself. I slammed on the rear break and skidded over him. then like an idiot I stopped and proceeded to mess with it. Well this only made him mad duhhh what was I thinkin? So I decided to get out of there before he got me. As I took off I figured I would run over him one more time. As I did he struck at me and just missed my leg and bit the bike. I know I know but I was just a kid and that is my excuse for being an idiot. :confused2:

Blue ridge parkway, is that skyline drive?
If so i was there a couple weeks ago and had a bear run out in front of me...
That place is loaded with all kinds of animals.
They are two different roads, if I'm not mistaken. I drove the lentgh of the Blue Ridge Parkway back in 1990. The southern end is in North Carolina where I picked it up and it goes into Virginia somewhere.
I don't think there is a straight section on the road! It is a National Park so it is patrolled and everybody likes to drive 30 mph. The lenght is 469 miles so it would be a good weekend ride with a nice B&B for Saturday night. Might make a nice leisurly ride to show the wife your calmer, relaxed side while riding the Vmax. :confused2:
Nah, head to the dragon! She knows different!:punk:

Back