Redbone Mods

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking good brian. stock rotors are UGLY! hope u get an easy solution. the non-floating chinese ones look pretty good.

does it bug u that it looks like the verge's front tread pattern is backwards? I did confirm with shinko the markings are correct tho...

not sure if someone mentioned but i had delrin mounts made to lower my fender but they're pretty pricey, better off going to a HW store and getting 4x spacers and cutting to fit or if you can get some made. i think 1" or 3/4" would be fine.

i'm going to try an advance 130/70 next on my cazz front. i'll let u know how it fits.

looking good brian. stock rotors are UGLY! hope u get an easy solution. the non-floating chinese ones look pretty good.

does it bug u that it looks like the verge's front tread pattern is backwards? I did confirm with shinko the markings are correct tho...

not sure if someone mentioned but i had delrin mounts made to lower my fender but they're pretty pricey, better off going to a HW store and getting 4x spacers and cutting to fit or if you can get some made. i think 1" or 3/4" would be fine.

i'm going to try an advance 130/70 next on my cazz front. i'll let u know how it fits.

I agree, the stocker just will not cut it! I think these should match up to my front wavy's just fine! ;)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-Brake-...5300&pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

Thanks for all the nice comments guys! You should all take part of the credit because of the inspiration came from your very own mods!:worthy::worthy::worthy:
:oops:Did I just say I've been ripping off other peoples ideas? The monkey made me do it! :whistlin:

damn! $63!
I know at that price I couldn't resist!

I got my 3 as a set, and it included that same rear. Looks good to me! :biglaugh:
NaughtyG and I split 3 sets of floating wavy rotors when they were selling them on VMF so this rotor is smaller but non floating. At least they will show a little more of the wheels.:biglaugh:
Redbone's looking GOOD Brian !!! :clapping::clapping::clapping:
Can't wait to see it in person !! :thumbs up:
Thanks Jeff, I can't wait to see your red beauty too!

Carr front wheel question: Do I need part #5 Oil seal on the wheel? It seems that there is a 1/8" gap from the edge of the wheel to the orange (bearing/ bearing retainer?). Here are my pics:

IMG_1751.jpg IMG_1752.jpg IMG_1753.jpg

Also, I seem to have a bit of binding (caliper not yet installed) when I torque the rear wheel down. I am using ~50 ft/lbs of torque but maybe I missed something but don't want have a issue like Shad (VmaxinID) did with rear wheel locking up. I am going to take a closer look at the wheel and whats installed this afternoon, and for right now the shop manual/ ron ayers fisch will be my guide as to what should be there, unless ya'll have pictures/ description of the setup. TIA

Brian post up rear wheel assembely if you want, Rear wheel should have no binding at all what ever you do don't ride it if it's binding bro.

My instructions did not include a part you need to swap over from the original rear wheel. :(

Looks like I didnt install: "the drive side seal or spacer" from the OEM wheel.

It was not mentioned on the install instructions.

i believe i moved mine over. i can double check at lunch

Check and make sure it's not running somewhere. Also, make sure the inner bushing on the drive side is in place (you may have already mentioned that). There should also be a washer/bushing on the brake side.

Sean

brian i do not have a seal on that side. my bearing was black tho so its much less noticable.

That side is the only side that we don't have a current seal for. I maybe need to see if we can come up with a custom seal for it.

I took the rear wheel drive side apart and I did find that I missed the cush drive oil seal (rubber o-ring) but everything else was there. It spins but I could not spin the rear tire with just my fingers. I spin it by hand and it makes 1/2 a turn before it stops, so it is rubbing still. I can slide a piece of paper between the swingarm and tire but I have spin the tire. I'm pretty sure it will be ok, but I will do more testing to be sure. I had it is second gear on the stand up to about 3k then i realized I hadn't put in my Innovative balancing beads yet! It didn't seem to be out of balance at all, but I will put the beads in before I do any riding jus to be safe.
Today I picked up some properly sized boles, some material to make a spacer, and some nylock nuts. Tomorrow I will tackle the caliper so I can take it for a ride.

I pulled the stock front wheel's bearing seal to see if it will fit the Carr, but that will have to wait until tomorrow since it stated to rain. Did I mention I need a garage?!?!

It won't fit. That's why you only get 3 seals from me.

Sean

Latest posts

Back