Redbone Mods

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea if its the same front wheel as mine they use 2 different sized bearings, the bigger oen is the same sized ball bearing as the stock rear one (not sure if they use a stock sized rear ball bearing).

i have a bearing and seal shop right down the road, if some who has their wheel accessible could get me the 3 measurements i can call and see if they have something.

Here are the latest pics, getting closer to being ready. I just received my new non-floating rear caliper but installation will have to wait until I return from Flint.
Rear Wheel/ Swingarm:
IMG_1759.jpg IMG_1761.jpg IMG_1764.jpg IMG_1765.jpg IMG_1774.jpg
Front wheel/ brakes:
IMG_1770.jpg

WOW Brian.... those wheels are simply AMAZING on Redbone !! :worthy:
Glad it's coming together . Wondered if you were going to get the red ones... but the black wheels are killer !! :2gunsfiring_v1:

I finally had time to work on Redbone today, so I finished up the wheels/ swingarm. I took it for a short ride around the neighborhood and it felt great, turn in is much quicker which must be a combination of radials and a slightly raised rear. I took it on a longer ride of about 40 miles which I found a couple curves to try, man what a difference! Much more confidence inspiring and I'm no where near it's turning potential! Yet!! I was planning on taking one of the lowering springs out of the forks this winter, but maybe I'll wait to see how this works although I feel that I do not need quicker turning with all the straight roads around here.
There still is a issue with the rear brake as it's a little mushy, I'll work that out on Saturday when I can get back at it. I also bolted on some triumph style bar end mirrors, great visuals but will have to get used to the stem on the outside of my hands.
Here are some pics:

Attachments

• IMG_1775.jpg
    IMG_1775.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1776.jpg
    IMG_1776.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1777.jpg
    IMG_1777.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1782.jpg
    IMG_1782.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 50
Brian....absolutely superb job of planning & execution. That's one of the sharpest looking V Max's I've ever seen! :clapping::thumbs up::clapping:

thats a sweet set up brian......looks tough, also like the mirror set up with the bar you got.....

Very nice Brian. Make sure to email me a couple of good pics for the website/facebook!

Sean

I found the issue with my back wheel, it seems that the brake arm axle mount is wider than the stock unit by the width of...you guessed it, the brake side washer! Once I eliminated the washer on the brake side and the washer on the drive side (I was finding it hard to get the cotter pin in) everything went together as normal. I have the shock reloaction bracket on the drive side which serves as my washer. I even have a dimes width of clearance on the wheel/ swingarm (drive side) now.

Very nice Brian. Make sure to email me a couple of good pics for the website/facebook!

Sean
I will get some better pics for you this weekend Sean and email them. I will get all the parts together to send back for cores, and extra brake lines/ banjo fittings.
EDIT: I picked up a 10mm straight banjo fitting as the angled banjo's either hung the line out too far (90*) or made the brake line turn too sharp a corner (for my liking) going into the swingarm (30*).

Very nice. One thing is driving me crazy though. Is the front tire mounted backward?

nice find brian.....now nothing but enjoyment i guess......
I believe my new brake arm is one from http://customvmaxservices.com/, although it will need to be recoated this winter. I finally hit upon the right spacer to mount it up to the swingarm to so the caliper would align properly with the rotor. It is a sweet looking way to mount the caliper for sure but more problematic getting it set up.

Latest posts

Back