rider's backrest

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxerCraig

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new here, my first post hope it is in the right place. I'm looking for a homemade rider backrest I've seen online that is a quick on off I could use on bike trips. Thanx, this site rules!!:rofl_200:

hmm..

lol im jk man

so youre looking for a backrest for youself as the "pilot"?

Attachments

• fixt.gif
    fixt.gif
    103.2 KB · Views: 54
I have one I'd consider selling. Needs a bit of repair on the pad but works great.

Attachments

• backrest 001.jpg
    backrest 001.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 48
  • backrest 002.jpg
    backrest 002.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 44
  • backrest 003.jpg
    backrest 003.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 42
  • backrest 004.jpg
    backrest 004.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 42
  • backrest 005.jpg
    backrest 005.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 38
  • backrest 006.jpg
    backrest 006.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 38
  • backrest 007.jpg
    backrest 007.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 32
Yes, that's what I'm looking for. What does it need recovered? I have a full sportmax seat I'm sure it would fit it ok. Thanx

Yeah, needs to be recovered. I caught the seat with my boots when swinging my leg over. It'll work, I have the 1st generation of the RM Sportmax seat...

Does it just slip on over longer bolts and slip on and off easy? How much would you need for it including shipping to Ohio?

Yeah, just bend the rear seat mounting tabs out a tad to fit the rider seat bracket in between. Then, take one of your stock bolts into Ace Hardware to match the pitch and get bolts 10-15 mm longer.

Not sure, give me your zip and I'll stop by the post office to check. I'm guessing about 10-15 bucks.

Mark

Sounds easy enough!! Zip code 43952, let me know what you want for it. I'm going to check around and see who does recovering work. Thanx

Craig, sorry it's taking me so long....life is hectic at the moment. I promise to get you a shipping quote tomorrow afternoon!

I did the USPS online calculator and it looks to be about $21.25 for Priority and $12.92 for Parcel Post.

Back