RIP John

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well just got word that my friend John passed away. I have only know him for a couple years but he was a stand up strait forward kind of guy. I have known his girlfriend for many years & she helped me out a lot when my Ex died. I just spent an hour on the phone with her. I had a rough time talking with her as it brought back a lot of memories. R.I.P John you will be missed.

Attachments

• john 2.jpg
    john 2.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 49
  • john.jpg
    john.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 48
RIP John. You looked like a bloody nice bear of a man.
Commiserations Kyle. I'm there with you in my mind.

Got any good times or memories you'd care to share about Lil John?
A TX boy? Did he ride? Bad health or what took him, he looks young still.
PATMAX

Got any good times or memories you'd care to share about Lil John?
A TX boy? Did he ride? Bad health or what took him, he looks young still.
PATMAX
He was a FLorida boy actually had a house in your neck of the woods but stayed here most of the time. He was only 51 had some medical problems but did not think it was this bad. He had a custom built HD trike. He had a bad legg from an accident a while ago. he had just had surgery on his legg again about 1&1/2 ago

Dang, at 51. We never know the length of days we're on this earth but we do have some control over what we do with the days we got.
Live, ride and love everyday all.

LikeCommentUnlikeComment
Tag PhotoClick on the photo to start tagging. Done Tagging

Diane Borges-Mac Lennan

Johnny Raye Mullins, 51 of Dunedin and North Fort Myers, Florida began his journey on the silent highway, in the wind, on May 23, 2012. Born in Cincinnati, Ohio, on July 21, 1960 to Esther Gum
and John Mullins, he spent his youth in Cincinnati and on the family farm in Kentucky. He left for the Marines after high-school graduation....and served the United States for 11 years, coming home with an honorable discharge. He spent many years as an over-the-road truck driver...and moved from Cincinnati to Florida in 1998. Prior to retiring, he was a Crane Operator in Fort Myers, Florida.

John's life was full of many activities and never had a dull moment: motorcycles, animals, veterans, construction, projecting around the house, the beach, fishing, boating, wildlife, marksman, bar-b-q "ing", were some of his many interests... and always made time to for his friends and family. He always wanted to get his pilots license...but was happy parachuting out of planes as a Marine.

John was known for his genuine, true, and honest approach to life. His heart of gold enabled him to always be there for anyone in their time of need. His care,concern, and compassion for his family and friends spoke volumes, and was noticed by all of those around him.

John was pre-deceased by his parents, and siblings: brother, Aljean "Snuffy" Smith; sister, Glennasue "Sue" Smith Hemsath; and his "2nd" mother Lida "Chickie" Sutherland, all from Cincinnati, Ohio.

Survivors include his soulmate, Diane MacLennan, of Dunedin, Florida, and her girls.....siblings: brothers - Donald and Denny Smith, sister - Kathy Mullins Toles and their spouses and families, of Cincinnati, Ohio, and sister Mischele Layne Cole and her family of Fort Myers, Florida. His estranged wife Virginia Mays Mullins resides in Cincinnati, Ohio along with her 2 children Tracey and Robert, and their families. John's extended "family" also included several friends in Ohio and Florida.

Services and interrment will be held at

Bay Pines National Cemetary,

10,000 Bay Pines Blvd.,

St. Petersburg, FL 33708 .

Date and Time are pending.

For updated information visit the website: internationalfuneralhome.com

The funeral procession will begin at 1000 Michigan Blvd, Dunedin, Florida

at _____________am/pm. (1 1/2 to 2 hours prior to scheduled service).

Marine Honor Guard Service will begin at the cemetary at __________am/pm.

The celebration of John's life will be a covered dish bar-b-q..."John style", held at 1000 Michigan Blvd., Dunedin after the service.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in John's name to:

Pinellas County Humane Society

3040 State Road 590
Clearwater, FL 33759
Phone: (727) 797-7722
Fax: (727) 799-1165

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. May he rest in peace.

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. May he rest in peace.
Thanks Hammer & every one else. Diane is hanging in there & I have beeen in constant contact. She is a little freaked out because he had no insurance & services are expensive. I am far from rich but I am giving her a visit tomorrw with a couple hundred bucks in hand as I believe in what comes around goes around.

Thanks Hammer & every one else. Diane is hanging in there & I have beeen in constant contact. She is a little freaked out because he had no insurance & services are expensive. I am far from rich but I am giving her a visit tomorrw with a couple hundred bucks in hand as I believe in what comes around goes around.

sorry to head in general kyle and I think that's a great thing your doing. Last thing you want her to worry about is expenses.

So very sorry,good true friends are rare these days.There never really gone if you keep the memories in your heart.

Latest posts

Back