Rubber side down!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxAttacks

Reaction score
Good day everyone,

New here and like the layout of the land. I have been reading and gathering valuable information for my Maxes. Bought my gen 2 in February it's just now coming up on it's 600 mile service. I have been looking at Vmaxes for years and finally decided to pull the trigger on a new one.

I still kept looking in cycle trader for a gen 1 because I wanted the original Max to compare and learn from. And, viola' I found a nicely taken care of 2005 Red with ghost flames, fairly low mileage thank goodness. I am having a blast switching back and fourth from the gen 1 to the gen 2 for comparisons sake.

Very happy to be here and hope to make a few new friends with like interests in the Max and learn as much as possible through the knowledge of the members here. Anyway thanks for having me!

Carl

Good day everyone,

New here and like the layout of the land. I have been reading and gathering valuable information for my Maxes. Bought my gen 2 in February it's just now coming up on it's 600 mile service. I have been looking at Vmaxes for years and finally decided to pull the trigger on a new one.

I still kept looking in cycle trader for a gen 1 because I wanted the original Max to compare and learn from. And, viola' I found a nicely taken care of 2005 Red with ghost flames, fairly low mileage thank goodness. I am having a blast switching back and fourth from the gen 1 to the gen 2 for comparisons sake.

Very happy to be here and hope to make a few new friends with like interests in the Max and learn as much as possible through the knowledge of the members here. Anyway thanks for having me!

Carl

Welcome to the forum brother, stay for the ride, contribute to the fun!

Welcome to the forum brother, stay for the ride, contribute to the fun!

Thank you for the fine welcome indeed!

Hello and welcome. A red 2005 sounds like it could be the anniversary edition.
It is compulsory to post a picture or two.

Is there much difference in the riding position between the two?

Hello and welcome. A red 2005 sounds like it could be the anniversary edition.
It is compulsory to post a picture or two.

Is there much difference in the riding position between the two?

There is a bit of difference in the riding position. My feet and knees are up higher on the 05
and my hands are a bit farther fwd on the 2020. The feeling is a little more cramped on the 05.

I haven't taken any pictures of the two as of yet... No smart phone... But, I will get some here in a
couple days. The 05 isn't the anniversary model.

Thank you for the warm welcome

The VMax was introduced as a 1985 year model, the 2005 is the twentieth-anniversary model. It should have a numbered plate on the faux gas tank cover. The first one is missing the number plate.
VMax 2005 Anniversary in Atlanta GA.02.jpg
VMax 20th anniversary tank emblem.jpgVMax tank badge numberplate.jpg

Last edited:
I understand what you are saying and thank you for the pics. Mine does not have a numbered plaque on it.

My question would be... Did all of the 2005 bikes come with the plaques or were some bikes not labeled 20th anniversary bikes?

For instance my 2003 Cobra was a 10th anniversary model but, not all Cobras were 10th anniversary models which were sold. There was

the regular Cobra and the last 2003 Cobras to be built were 10th anniversary models. I don't know myself, perhaps someone here knows

the answer!

Back