Seafoam?!?!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medicineman843

Reaction score
Hi, i've been using seafoam in my gas tank because my idle was a little off sitting most of the winter. Its really helped so far, I can tell a difference. Was wondering if i should use a spray bottle and spray into my k/n filter to the carbs or directly into the carbs?. And or put it into the crankcase. I wanted advice before i did anything.

Yea, you can spray carb cleaner directly in the carbs - but don't spray in the ait filter. Both methods indicated are good.

The shotgun/peashooter techniques typically will clear up "after storage" problems.

Seafoam is good stuff, one of the few additives I actually have some faith in. It's usually about $10 a can, pricey stuff, though I was in the local napa the other day and they had it on special for $6/can.

Seafoam comes in an aerosol can also, though I've only ever seen it sold at Napa stores, the autozones and advance auto usually don't have it. Used to be called "deep creep" but last time I saw it just said seafoam. Easier than trying to squirt seafoam out of a syringe.

Latest posts

Back