She's at the shop!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShadyTunerGTS

Reaction score
Just wanted to pop in and tell everyone the news. Took the Max to The Bike Shop yesterday. I decided to give ol' Hector some work over the Winter and he can check the valves and the starter problem too. I really wanted to do the carb work but... well, what can I say? I'm lazy I guess. I'm sure all of you here could of helped out greatly, but he needs some winter projects to get him through. This way I won't have to see the bike anymore and I'll quit spending money on it :bang head:. I can't wait till she's done!!

I know what you mean....I looked into doing the head bearings, and just decided I was too inexperienced/didn't have the equipment/too lazy and with PCW being a short ride away, I just let them take care of it. They did the internal lowering and replaced the fork seals at the same time, and I have zilch experience in how forks "work" and probably would have messed something up.

Maybe Santa will bring me a Marks 4-2 system this year! Then the muscle kit will go in the carbs and I'll be off.

Maybe Santa will bring me a Marks 4-2 system this year! Then the muscle kit will go in the carbs and I'll be off.

Hope he's got room in his sack for a few more. Apparently you and I aren't the only ones making his elves put on the welding masks for these. :rofl_200:

I will never get used to defining a motorcycle as SHE
biglaugh.gif
me neither...at least not this bike. hehehehe...although i've dumped ten times of money into my bike than i ever spent on a woman...."those" included.

I know what you mean....I looked into doing the head bearings, and just decided I was too inexperienced/didn't have the equipment/too lazy and with PCW being a short ride away, I just let them take care of it. They did the internal lowering and replaced the fork seals at the same time, and I have zilch experience in how forks "work" and probably would have messed something up.

I did my forks myself...it was easy with Sean's Video! :eusa_dance: I didn't have any real problems with that work. I'll do it again when the time comes.

I will never get used to defining a motorcycle as SHE
biglaugh.gif

I'd rather have a "SHE" than a "HE" underneath me...:confused2:

Well, got a phone call from The Bike Shop tonight. He said he had the carbs off, cleaned them up, and I'm sure he installed Morley's Muscle jet kit. He said it was a hellova time to get them carbs off. I didn't think it looked too bad after I had the airbox off and stuff. He said he was in the middle of dialing in the carbs when it started blowing the main ignition fuse. He had this same problem with my old Magna and that ended up to be the regulator was overcharging the battery. He said everything checks out fine with this regulator and is kinda stumped. It might be something to do with that Dynatek ignition, but I was thinking it was that HID I installed. He said he had that disconnected and everything...

Only thing a VMax is missing is tits, they sure know how to spend money. And I call mine the "C" word at times too....:rofl_200:

Haha!! Well, he figured it out. He said he spent half a day diagnosing the problem. Then, first thing this morning, he figured it out. It was a pinched wire on the right side handle controls grounding out. So...It's all done. I had him check the valve clearances while the carbs were off, and this spring he's gonna get to the bottom of the starter issue. I told him "NO HURRY" and now I'm picking her up tomorrow. Oh well, 4 more months to wait and ride.

4 more months...What was I thinking?!! I've been riding here in CO. It's been decent so far. Ol' Hector already got my starter issue fixed and everything. He replaced the whole starter clutch and flywheel. It starts good now. Now, I'm having problems with my SASY. I sent it back and they said they added a resistor for the added "sound" of the ignition system. I got the Dynatek set on curve 4 and I don't think I'm gonna change it. So, I got it back and put it on and it's slightly better... I think I'm just going to go with the stock Vboost setting or Full time Wide oper. I plan on getting my Max dyno tuned this summer so I'll see what the dyno tuners think. Look for my SASY in the for sale section. First $200 takes it.

Back